Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error message :Maximum battery charge level reduced. Unable to charge battery to 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the same issue in my Tesla X 75D after 2.5 year. The full range fell down from 322km to 263km.
Tesla confirmed that the high voltage battery should be replaced.

Best regards,
Igor.

Attachments

• photo8.jpg
    photo8.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 595
  • photo9.jpg
    photo9.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 309
Hey, 2015 Tesla Model S 85D. This morning I got the same message about "Maximum battery charge level reduced" and the car won't even charge.
I am stuck at 27% and it doesn't want to change at all.
Any other ideas besides going to a service center, since the closest to me is at least 500 km away...

Hey, 2015 Tesla Model S 85D. This morning I got the same message about "Maximum battery charge level reduced" and the car won't even charge.
I am stuck at 27% and it doesn't want to change at all.
Any other ideas besides going to a service center, since the closest to me is at least 500 km away...
Service centre for free battery replacement. You can try supercharging to top it up though.

Service centre for free battery replacement. You can try supercharging to top it up though.
Candleflame, this off topic, (sorry to hijack the thread) but I saw your posts in audio settings, I totally agree that when parked 0 DB for the bass (far left) sounds great, but when driving, its needs to be bumped up and I also agree that I tend to get ear fatigue with the highs, since we have similar thoughts, would you mind sharing your settings, it's been especially difficult to dial in since the immersive audio update. Thanks

Candleflame, this off topic, (sorry to hijack the thread) but I saw your posts in audio settings, I totally agree that when parked 0 DB for the bass (far left) sounds great, but when driving, its needs to be bumped up and I also agree that I tend to get ear fatigue with the highs, since we have similar thoughts, would you mind sharing your settings, it's been especially difficult to dial in since the immersive audio update. Thanks

If you get ear fatigue then take the 2nd slider from the right and pull it back to maybe -2 or -2.5db.

I think mine were Immersive audio :auto and then for the eq from left to right: +6db, +1.5db, 0 db, 0 db, +1 db. If I go on long drives I sometimes change it to:
+3 db, +1db, 0 db, -2db, +0.5db just because its less fatiguing but also more dull.

Someone is being cheap at the SC if they won’t extend the trial period. If you want to monitor your car live in Sentry mode you will need premium connectivity. We also enjoy the streaming music. The satellite photos are nice but not necessary. We really like the traffic updates but all of it depends on what your needs/wants are. $10.00 per month is a small amount of money but I’ll bet there’s a price increase in the next year.

So got the charge limit warning during a road trip which included some supercharging. Battery would not charge beyond 41%. Tesla remotely diagnosed new HV battery required which is scheduled. However after the latest software update the error message cleared and the battery now charges beyond 41%! This seems weird. Will try and supercharge to see if that’s stressing the battery to the fail state. Thoughts welcomed.

Last edited:
So got the charge limit warning during a road trip which included some supercharging. Battery would not charge beyond 41%. Tesla remotely diagnosed new HV battery required which is scheduled. However after the latest software update the error message cleared and the battery now charges beyond 41%! This seems weird. Will try and supercharge to see if that’s stressing the battery to the fail state. Thoughts welcomed.

doesnt matter. theres something wrong and the battery needs to be replaced. issue will likely reoccur.

Reactions: Rocky_H and cwerdna
2021 M3P, got the warning message this morning leaving the house. Drove it down to 60% this morning, plugged in afterwards and now it won't charge. Made an SC appointment for this Weds. Not sure what happened to the battery, car has been great so far. The only thing I can think of is that my family took it on a 2600 mile road trip and we supercharged the entire time for a week. That was 2 weeks ago.

Same thing happened to me the night before my service appointment. Charge reduced to 57 miles and I live 129 miles away from the service center. Stay tuned …. 🙃

Your only other post was on august 12th saying you were taking the car to the service center then, because you had an appointment on 08/23 but you couldnt wait. What happened in mid august when you took the car to the service center? This follow up post to "stay tuned" is your only other post and it was made on September 5th, which is 3 ish weeks after your first post that you were taking it down there.