Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ESA- Extended warranty deductible question $$$

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should be just one, because all of the items are on a single RN, regardless of the number of visits. I've had that happen on my Model X.
i had the manager at my SC today try to tell me that he was doing me a favor by waiving the deductible....
I then said, but I'll be paying it next visit though right?
He said, ya, but I should have charged you deductible today also.
I can't release car until deductible is paid.

If what he's saying is true, Tesla would never get all the parts / issues fixed in one,visit.
It would be better to stall out every visit into 2,or 3 for max profits!

I,obviously would just wait for all parts to be in.

I am curious about what extended service agreement requires a deductible? I recently purchased the 6 year 75K mile extended warranty and terms and conditions refer you back to the original 4 year 50K mile limited new vehicle warranty that we all get when purchasing new. The service center told me what I was buying simply extends that original warranty, along with roadside assistance, to the cars existing new warranty and begins the day after the old one expires.

I am curious about what extended service agreement requires a deductible? I recently purchased the 6 year 75K mile extended warranty and terms and conditions refer you back to the original 4 year 50K mile limited new vehicle warranty that we all get when purchasing new. The service center told me what I was buying simply extends that original warranty, along with roadside assistance, to the cars existing new warranty and begins the day after the old one expires.
The 5 year, 50,000 mile ESA I bought with my 2013 Model S requires a $200 deductible per visit. It adds 5 years and 50,000 miles to the factory warranty. That should cover all issues discovered during that visit, as well as any re-visits to address any issues with the repaired items/parts.

I'm not aware of Tesla offering a 6 year 75k mile extended warranty on the Model S/X.

Reactions: mswlogo