Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ESA- Extended warranty deductible question $$$

passhard

Oct 26, 2019
near Montreal
Let's say you have 4 items for replacement and when you go to your appointment they only can do half the repairs because they need to order parts.

Do you pay the deductible twice because Tesla turned it into a 2 visit repair?

passhard

Oct 26, 2019
near Montreal
Should be just one, because all of the items are on a single RN, regardless of the number of visits. I've had that happen on my Model X.
i had the manager at my SC today try to tell me that he was doing me a favor by waiving the deductible....
I then said, but I'll be paying it next visit though right?
He said, ya, but I should have charged you deductible today also.
I can't release car until deductible is paid.

If what he's saying is true, Tesla would never get all the parts / issues fixed in one,visit.
It would be better to stall out every visit into 2,or 3 for max profits!

I,obviously would just wait for all parts to be in.

kkillebrew

Banned
Jun 23, 2019
austin, tx
I am curious about what extended service agreement requires a deductible? I recently purchased the 6 year 75K mile extended warranty and terms and conditions refer you back to the original 4 year 50K mile limited new vehicle warranty that we all get when purchasing new. The service center told me what I was buying simply extends that original warranty, along with roadside assistance, to the cars existing new warranty and begins the day after the old one expires.

AmpedRealtor

Jun 30, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I am curious about what extended service agreement requires a deductible? I recently purchased the 6 year 75K mile extended warranty and terms and conditions refer you back to the original 4 year 50K mile limited new vehicle warranty that we all get when purchasing new. The service center told me what I was buying simply extends that original warranty, along with roadside assistance, to the cars existing new warranty and begins the day after the old one expires.
The 5 year, 50,000 mile ESA I bought with my 2013 Model S requires a $200 deductible per visit. It adds 5 years and 50,000 miles to the factory warranty. That should cover all issues discovered during that visit, as well as any re-visits to address any issues with the repaired items/parts.

I'm not aware of Tesla offering a 6 year 75k mile extended warranty on the Model S/X.

Reactions: mswlogo

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC