Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ESdude

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Understand that I have to be more sensitive to trollish behavior than others, and accusing someone of hand waving while hand waving oneself is a classic tell. Anyhow, consider it a friendly warning.

Actually there were no hand waving on my part. And I find your passive aggressive "friendly warning" after your own "nonsense" post (and by your own standards very-very trollish one) is highly inappropriate. I'm still waiting for your apology by the way.

What I'm doing here is I'm trying to keep the conversation grounded on reality. We're all like minded people here and if we do not make a conscious effort to stay close to said reality we'll end up as that Fox News crowd - driftin' rudderless into the groupthink ocean.

Actually there were no hand waving on my part.
I'm a physics guy, so perhaps we have a different definition of hand waving. At any rate, your tone got the moderators' antennae up. I tried to start with a gentle ribbing and a mild warning. Now you are more firmly warned. It might just be a misunderstanding (and if so please don't take offense), but we err on the side of caution.

FYI, I also got a sense of troll-like behaviour from your previous posts, quite independent of and prior to Doug's replies. And calling a moderator a troll is a classic sign of a troll.

You make some good points but please moderate the tone of them.

ESdude ... for the record, we were all the smartest one in the class. (Okay, most of us.) I read several of your posts in different threads and found myself feeling *slightly* patronized. I don't like feeling patronized, even *slightly*. I think what people are reacting to is a tone that suggests you believe you're here to educate us. I accept you may not mean it that way.

So let's ALL (in caps, meaning ALL) just start over. Peace. Kumbayah. Group hug. -fluffs hair-