TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Establishments that appreciate EVs

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AJC, Mar 9, 2010.

1. AJC

AJC Member

I wanted to start a thread that lists establishments that have special incentives for EVs, like priority parking, fee waivers, etc.

For example, I went to Charlie Trotter's in Chicago for my birthday dinner recently, and when we pulled up to the valet area, a guy came out and said we could leave the car out front. He congratulated us on our Roadster, and asked us a few questions about it. Later, when we were leaving, he said that to thank us for our contribution to the environment, they were waiving the valet fee. Nice! :smile:

Anyone else with similar experiences?

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Valets do that for any fancy car. :rolleyes:

I got this on Sunday night in Hollywood.

Car was parked by a lead in a special section and the manager drove it out instead of the 20 or so 20-somethings that all turned heads as it slithered by.

Attached Files:

3. AJC

AJC Member

#3 AJC, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
    I was more referring to the waiving of the valet fee for my "contribution to the environment," although apparently this is also the first time I have had a fancy enough car to leave out front! :tongue:

4. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

The last time I was in San Francisco (Dec 07) I stayed at the Westin Market Street (Also called the Argent Hotel). At the time they offered a 50% reduction on valet parking for a 'Hybrid vehicle' and I was renting a Civic Hybrid so the parking went from $50 a night to a more reasonable $25 a night. (I had to remind them when paying however.)
    I think they would probably offer the same for a Tesla.