TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Estimate of car production

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by ppl, May 31, 2013.

1. ppl

ppl Member

Stated today nearly 20000 us cars sold and it would appear cars being delivered within 8 weeks of orders. Also stated that more will be sold in Europe than here. It would seem 21000 way way to low a number. No waiting list yet only 2 month delay from placing order to delivery. How can we reconcile these statements with either 500 cars per week or 21000 a year. I can not something is off. I suspect they are producing more than they let on

2. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

Elon said their reservation run-rate (the pace of reservations extrapolated over the next year) was nearly 20k cars in the U.S. This is different than having sold 20k cars in the U.S.

3. FredTMC

FredTMC Model S VIN #4925

Yep. I definitely think that he's being conservative on the guidance of 21k delivered. I'd rather he surprise to the upside during each earnings call...