Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated build time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all -

My name is Tim, and I'm 17 years old. Currently, my parents and I have agreed to set up a goal to get myself a Tesla Model S. I have to get certain grades to reach the build I would like.

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes for the cars to be built? I read people have waited 1-2 years for the car, would orders placed now wait that long?

I appreciate all the help. I have been following Tesla forever! Hope to become a great member to this forum. :)

You'd be fortunate indeed to have a Model S at your age. Or is this a longer term goal?

Now that production has fully ramped up, depending on the options you order you'd probably have at most a four to six month wait from the time you finalize your order. Some of us have been waiting much longer but that's because production only began in earnest in December '12 and Tesla is catching up.

You'd be fortunate indeed to have a Model S at your age. Or is this a longer term goal?

Now that production has fully ramped up, depending on the options you order you'd probably have at most a four to six month wait from the time you finalize your order. Some of us have been waiting much longer but that's because production only began in earnest in December '12 and Tesla is catching up.

Ah, I see thanks for the help! Yeah, it is. It has been going on for about 1.5 years now. I'm so close! :)