Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the exactly number i don´t know... but i know 17 Teslas... 15 Teslas model S and 2 roadsters... and we already have 3 P85D... and reservations for model X....

and if there were a official shop and service center in minimum more 10 people would by one...

i think Portugal already have more teslas than spain...

and now is a Portuguese Tesla in tillburg to be repaired... change battery pack.....

In Spain there are 22 Model S. The problem with the superchargers is that Tesla is not getting permision to install them because they can only be used by Teslas. Also there's a lot of corruption in the electric network, you only need to see were are all the expoliticians working.

In Spain there are 22 Model S. The problem with the superchargers is that Tesla is not getting permision to install them because they can only be used by Teslas. Also there's a lot of corruption in the electric network, you only need to see were are all the expoliticians working.

that is not a problem in Portugal...

do you know something about stores in Madrid and Barcelona ?

Stjørdal, Norway is open now.....
I really hope they will focus on other countries from now on, Norway has very good coverage, and seems they are now building more and more there close to each other so people can skip SuC if they want to. It is almost June, and holiday season is coming.
Their “Coming soon” map shows for quite a long time now a lot new one in France, Italy, Spain and Austria. Previously they stated “summer 2015” were also Croatia was mentioned with 2 SuC, now only “2015”

Supercharger growth is not limited by Tesla but by local bureaucracy.

Want faster supercharger roll-out? Think about it at next elections.

I know but this is not the issue…. Putting info on your website is. So, do not say "coming soon" when you haven’t even got the permit. This is obviously for Tesla a Marketing tool, but they need to understand customers rely on that info. I have planned a trip 6 months ago for coming August, based on the "summer 2015" information and so far none of them are even in the process of construction, or known permits.

I understand. I spent the last 3 months checking the Supercharger site for my trip to Florence (where I'm now). Luckily with at 90+% charge at Modena SuC, I'll make it back to the SuC route.
But the steps they made since last year on their SuC network is enormous, so I'm still a happy client. I'm sure they do everything they need to accomplish their goals.

I understand. I spent the last 3 months checking the Supercharger site for my trip to Florence (where I'm now). Luckily with at 90+% charge at Modena SuC, I'll make it back to the SuC route.
But the steps they made since last year on their SuC network is enormous, so I'm still a happy client. I'm sure they do everything they need to accomplish their goals.

I don't know why for Italy they don't use a temporary france SUC like in france

Last edited:
bureaucracy is an excuse, in Italy they open Verona in less than three month and Affi is ready ready since one month but they don't have some parts, unfortunately in Italy tesla is 100% focused on Aosta (500K€ investments)

bureaucracy IS NOT an excuse, trust me on this, I do know first hand. Aosta is ready and maybe Affi was slowed down to give precedence to Brennero, which strategically is more important, much more important. If they rerouted parts from Affi to Brennero I can only applaud them. Maybe Tuscany will come sooner than later. all I know is that I come and go from Milan to Florence and around Tuscany with no drama at all. right now there're few places that are hard to reach for a Tesla in Italy. It's not as easy as we would like it to be, but I literally go anywhere these days.

IMG_0144.png

bureaucracy IS NOT an excuse, trust me on this, I do know first hand. Aosta is ready and maybe Affi was slowed down to give precedence to Brennero, which strategically is more important, much more important. If they rerouted parts from Affi to Brennero I can only applaud them. Maybe Tuscany will come sooner than later. all I know is that I come and go from Milan to Florence and around Tuscany with no drama at all. right now there're few places that are hard to reach for a Tesla in Italy. It's not as easy as we would like it to be, but I literally go anywhere these days.

View attachment 81787

if they move parts from Affy to Brennero "CHAPEAU", but do you know why they don't use anymore the temporary ones like in Verona?

Stjørdal, Norway is open now.....
I really hope they will focus on other countries from now on, Norway has very good coverage, and seems they are now building more and more there close to each other so people can skip SuC if they want to. It is almost June, and holiday season is coming.
Their “Coming soon” map shows for quite a long time now a lot new one in France, Italy, Spain and Austria. Previously they stated “summer 2015” were also Croatia was mentioned with 2 SuC, now only “2015”

Yep, I know it is unfair, that new superchargers are added to countries like Germany and Norway. A lot of people in northern Europe are like you awaiting the promised superchargers in Spain, Portugal, Italy, France and the route down to Turkey from Austria...

In the meantime more chargers should still be added elsewhere too. Germany still needs a few more to enable the different thoroughfares - think going between East and West, North or South of Europe - Most routes would involve coming through Germany.

Norway also need lots more superchargers. Both to enable a few more destinations, but also to reduce congestion. There are now approximately 8000 Model S in Norway and the number keeps climbing. Waiting is a problem already.

About Spain, is Tesla really not allowed to install superchargers because they are only for Teslas? That is new to me and if true, terrible news. Do you have a link or more info on this?

About Spain, is Tesla really not allowed to install superchargers because they are only for Teslas? That is new to me and if true, terrible news. Do you have a link or more info on this?

Besides that, it is in fact not true that only Tesla's are allowed. It is better to say that only Tesla's are capable to handle the power provided by the Supercharger.

As soon as any manufacturer comes with a serious EV, none does at the moment and it will take some years before they are able to, they are allowed to use the Supercharger when the cars are enabled to do so. (Which means that there must be a contribution to the network).

I am afraid it is now merely a question of politics and interests.