Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, and Tesla must not be to optimistic about the time the process will take. This is the only country where they have systematically used temporary chargers.
Very true. Previously they promised that all SC's would be done in 2014... Well, now it just says 2015.... Not even this winter. I'm curious why France is going so slow. Is this due to slow bureaucracy getting permits?

Very true. Previously they promised that all SC's would be done in 2014... Well, now it just says 2015.... Not even this winter. I'm curious why France is going so slow. Is this due to slow bureaucracy getting permits?

I was told that the process for getting a new high-capacity electrical supply in France was extremely slow and bureaucratic. I can't remember the exact details, but it involved things like having to pay for a survey to see if the existing supplies were adequate (even though you know that the survey is going to say 'no'), hence wasting several months before you can even order the new supply.

Hence the fact that most of the existing Superchargers in France are 2-bay units using supplies that were already available.

I was told that the process for getting a new high-capacity electrical supply in France was extremely slow and bureaucratic. I can't remember the exact details, but it involved things like having to pay for a survey to see if the existing supplies were adequate (even though you know that the survey is going to say 'no'), hence wasting several months before you can even order the new supply.

Hence the fact that most of the existing Superchargers in France are 2-bay units using supplies that were already available.
I can confirm that that is indeed the story. France is a big problem with all the bureaucracy.

Schermata 2014-12-11 alle 11.27.24.jpg
Verona on the map

Any update on the Supercharger station in Blindenmarkt, Austria?

It has been under construction since September 7th, 2014. That's more than three months already. What is going on there?

A few days ago I received an invitation from Tesla Vienna to their 'Christmas Lounge' on December 18:

"We are pleased to invite you with company to our Christmas Lounge at the Service Center in Vienna. Take a look back on the accomplishments of 2014 and get a sneak preview of our expansion plans in 2015 as we are expanding the Supercharger network and are adding more staff to better serve you as our customers.
The Tesla Vienna team is looking forward to seeing you soon!"

I cannot make it, but I hope they will make worthy announcements.

BTW, if anyone would like to go, I'm happy to forward the invitation.

A few days ago I received an invitation from Tesla Vienna to their 'Christmas Lounge' on December 18:

"We are pleased to invite you with company to our Christmas Lounge at the Service Center in Vienna. Take a look back on the accomplishments of 2014 and get a sneak preview of our expansion plans in 2015 as we are expanding the Supercharger network and are adding more staff to better serve you as our customers.
The Tesla Vienna team is looking forward to seeing you soon!"

I cannot make it, but I hope they will make worthy announcements.

BTW, if anyone would like to go, I'm happy to forward the invitation.

Very tempting, but I have to say no, thanks anyway.

And the person whom you will forward the invitation to should send tweets as soon as anything interesting will be mentioned there on December 18th in Vienna.