Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ev.energy wants my data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C

candida

Hello smart people who know their APIs from their elbows

Whats does this mean? Should I say yes? Much obliged.

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 19.24.44.png

I think this is down to your level of trust in ev.energy than anything else. You would be agreeing for them to track you. I can't see the full terms from the screenshot, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of anonymisation.

To be clear, I wasn't implying that ev.energy aren't trustworthy. I use the app to optimise my home charging costs, and I think it is great. I simply meant that it is a personal decision about what we are happy for any given app provider to do with our account credentials.

Many people posting in this forum have their journey data recorded in TeslaFi, Tessie and other application services. Indeed, they seem to benefit from it.

I said yes. If it helps them develop what is already one of the best smart energy resources further then more power to them. If I was a spy or philanderer I may feel differently.

I love ev.energy. By using their ap and adjusting the amount of kW I add each night judiciously I’ve reduced my cost per kW to about 3p when Amazon vouchers are offset.

Reactions: browellm
Just received the same email... but I will not give the access.
I don't understand what kind of data and how they will use.
I can charge the car even without the app, using the settings from the car.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211119-201357_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20211119-201357_Email.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: candida