Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tesla 3 highland range -

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all hope you are well just wanted some information advise.

I just got my tesla 3 red highland on Saturday. They advertise this should come with 344 range before it has been driven, mine says 272. I have done what they asked drive it to 5% leave for few hours then charge it to 100%. I have lol still not change any advise . Thank you for reading this

Reactions: Murdock
Hello all hope you are well just wanted some information advise.

I just got my tesla 3 red highland on Saturday. They advertise this should come with 344 range before it has been driven, mine says 272. I have done what they asked drive it to 5% leave for few hours then charge it to 100%. I have lol still not change any advise . Thank you for reading this
It’s why the video posted is wrong (and don’t get me started on rubbish YouTube videos that cause more harm than good), the range you see is based on the EPA figures which are increasingly pessimistic, what you’ve been told by Tesla is the WLTP figure which is optimistic, but a figure they have to use by law in the uk, both are just figures from the respective standardised test cycles. The real world range is likely to be different again, just like you may have bought a car in the past that was claimed to do 50mpg but could only do. 45mpg.

Upvote 0
He said that the displayed range was WLTP….I’m pretty sure it’s EPA
It is based on EPA as far as I know. If this guy is right it means Tesla have lost 15% or so of the battery on lots of cars as people expect it to show the WLTP figure, or he’s wrong and the EPA is used and there aren’t lots of cars with faulty batteries. I know where my money would be

Upvote 0