Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Mud Flaps for the Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't really seen any posts about Model Y mud flaps. Found out about EV mud flaps from someone posting about it facebook-

4 Garde-boues Model Y

The mud flaps are from Canada. It's about $120 USD with shipping, pretty pricey for what it is but I figured Y not, I'll try them out and see how they are. Want to have something to protect the rear doors rocker panel and paint.

I ordered them on Sept 14th and it took two weeks for delivery. Pretty easy install, I followed the video and directions here-

Installation

Make sure to turn caption on for the video, unless you understand French.

Took about less than 20 minutes. I have that right angle attachment tool, it came in real handy for sure.

Here are some pics of the mud flaps on my car-

IMG_6601.jpg

IMG_6602.jpg

IMG_6607.jpg

They're plastic flaps and they're pretty sturdy, not flimsy.

Haven't done much real world testing. Hopefully they work well and don't affect the efficiency much.

Reactions: mark95476 and Lozzy
Haven't really seen any posts about Model Y mud flaps. Found out about EV mud flaps from someone posting about it facebook-

4 Garde-boues Model Y

The mud flaps are from Canada. It's about $120 USD with shipping, pretty pricey for what it is but I figured Y not, I'll try them out and see how they are. Want to have something to protect the rear doors rocker panel and paint.

I ordered them on Sept 14th and it took two weeks for delivery. Pretty easy install, I followed the video and directions here-

Installation

Make sure to turn caption on for the video, unless you understand French.

Took about less than 20 minutes. I have that right angle attachment tool, it came in real handy for sure.

Here are some pics of the mud flaps on my car-

View attachment 594242
View attachment 594243
View attachment 594244

They're plastic flaps and they're pretty sturdy, not flimsy.

Haven't done much real world testing. Hopefully they work well and don't affect the efficiency much.
I purchased
Sold by antirouille Bolduc in Quebec. They seem to be well known and build reputed mud flap for the 3.
I purchased these as well, but decided not to install - will sell for $60 with free shipping in USA.

I purchased

I purchased these as well, but decided not to install - will sell for $60 with free shipping in USA.
Hi, GeoffEV -- We just bought a Model Y two weeks and I joined the forum today. I will purchase these from you (Paypal?) for 60 if they are still available, since we live in a rural area with a lot of gravel roads. Let me know either way! PS: love the car, but my wife can't stand it when I so much as depress the accelerator pedal more than a bit (she can't stand the force of acceleration!). - Ian