TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Evannex Seat Hoodie

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Snow White, Dec 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Snow White

Snow White Member

Has anyone tried Evannex's new Seat Hoodie?

Both my husband and I are gym goer's, but I dislike getting into my car totally sweaty.

Just received my Evannex Seat Hoodie today. It fits perfectly on my S. The fabric is a durable (washable) terry cloth and has two connections to hold it in place. Most importantly it doesn't hamper with the deployment of the airbag. (if you might need it) Taking it off or putting it on is simple and takes less than a minute. My Seat Hoodie is black, but can be ordered in additional colors. You won't be disappointed.

Attached Files:

2. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

@Snow....sounds like an ad-are you affiliated with them ? I would think a rear seat hoodie would be more useful-I want that premium leather up against me at all times !

• Disagree x 1
  3. Snow White

Snow White Member

No relation or affiliation. My first item from Evannex and was just impressed by fit and material. I tried to find a review, but not a single comment. (that I saw) Thought I'd share. I do agree...nothing better than leather. Plus, I paid the upgrade. However, the seat hoodie isn't meant to be a permanent seat cover as it slips on and off. I play tennis almost every day and ruined my previous leather seat and arm rest with sunscreen and sweat. Hopefully, my comments/review can help someone decide for themselves. BTW...the pic was copied from Evannex.

4. dhcp

dhcp Member

I like it! I've avoided using the Tesla for the gym car for that exact reason!

Never saw this seat condom on their site, is it new?

5. Snow White

Snow White Member

It must be fairly new. The price vs quality was my biggest concern. There is another company that makes a generic towel, called Turtle Towel, for half the price. I ordered a fabric swatch from them and it is rubberized on one size and states "one size fits all". It also folds up into its own pouch. I wasn't too concerned about fit until I noticed a comment on another site stating it doesn't interfere with side airbags, like permanent seat covers. Tho I'm not sure where the bags deploy..out of the seat or door??? Anyway... I was more than happy with the fit and quality as well as how easy to was to install and remove. Great value on the days you might need to protect the leather.

6. LuPapa

LuPapa Member

Or You could shower at the gym. Get that stinky sweat off of you and drive home clean

7. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

If they are quick to put on and take off, I guess that would be a nice option to keep in frunk for "sweaty times".

8. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

9. Mickie

Mickie Member

Wish I wasn't frightened to use my frunk. Also, digging that MS silhouette embroidery on the cover.

10. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

I'm a little confused. Are you recommending the Evannex or Turtle Towel? Thanks.

11. Snow White

Snow White Member

I only have the Evannex Seat Hoodie, but the price is higher and fit and quality are better value. I passed the Turtle Towel info 'cuz I checked out both before I made a decision.

• Like x 1
  12. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Seat hoodie just plain cracks me up! But I can totally relate to sitting on hot leather when sweaty. Not fun. I only want to do that at home with my sweetie!:cool:

13. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

The side airbags are in the front seats and in the roof rails, so the fit of this accessory is quite important for safety.

14. HebrHmr

HebrHmr Member

Does the Seat Hoodie cover the bottom of the seat as well? I can't tell from the pictures.

Is it waterproof?

15. Snow White

Snow White Member

Yes, it is fitted around the bottom, the head rest, and down the back of seat w/pocket.