Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Seat Covers: Recommendations under $300

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked into the evannex and Taptes posts but those are really expensive options. I understand this is a $110k car, but I'm ok with cloth or what I believe is vinyl seat covers for the rear of the vehicle to catch spills, crumbs, dirty pants, etc. Does anyone know of good options? The rear is the most important, I'd prefer something other than cloth that won't absorb liquid and be easier to clean. Appreciate the suggestions!

2014 Tesla Model S P85

We have car seats in the back and I got this to protect the seats. Pretty nice for only $35 though that is subjective.

Got these for the front seats. Got this style so they would not completely cover the seat and would not interfere with safety.

Reactions: aseito

This one is fairly new. I just got one. It's not bad. The fit is okay. It sort of sits on the bottom cushion and relies on friction to stay in place. For $40 I'm happy with it.

We have car seats in the back and I got this to protect the seats. Pretty nice for only $35 though that is subjective.

Got these for the front seats. Got this style so they would not completely cover the seat and would not interfere with safety.

@solardudesf How does that cover work with the front seat for you? It seems to want a removable headrest style seat. Can you share an image of it?

My driver seat always seems to be a slight bit too hard for me and I really think a thinly padded seat cover might make it comfortable.

@solardudesf How does that cover work with the front seat for you? It seems to want a removable headrest style seat. Can you share an image of it?

My driver seat always seems to be a slight bit too hard for me and I really think a thinly padded seat cover might make it comfortable.
Works okay with our seats. Just a clip that goes around the headrest. I did not care for the headrest cover so I did not install that.

Attachments

• E70350F5-AD0C-4DA7-AA35-0F48EF9192F9.jpeg
    E70350F5-AD0C-4DA7-AA35-0F48EF9192F9.jpeg
    466.2 KB · Views: 227
  • 2648DE0D-96AD-4F81-B105-AC626A55E5BF.jpeg
    2648DE0D-96AD-4F81-B105-AC626A55E5BF.jpeg
    635.2 KB · Views: 101
I was curious if you had a newer vehicle with the headrests. I went ahead and purchased one of the seat covers but I'm not sure if it would properly fit my Next Gen seats. I'll share my findings - maybe there is a way to make it work.

I was curious if you had a newer vehicle with the headrests. I went ahead and purchased one of the seat covers but I'm not sure if it would properly fit my Next Gen seats. I'll share my findings - maybe there is a way to make it work.
We do have the Next Gen seats. We have a 2018 Model S. It fits fine for us. You can raise the headrest to make it easier to install and lower it afterward. The circular controls on the side of the seat can be used to raise the headrest and/or lumbar support.

Very nice, I ordered the backseat ones on Thursday and i agree, it definitely does the trick. One thing though, How do I get the middle seat belt thru? Did you cut it? Was trying to figure that one out but I'm not sure. Can't just pass it thru because then the bottom bench piece is solid one piece.

I'm not sold on the front row seats one, I'm thinking of getting something a little nicer for the front but it's true, i don't want to mess with the airbags.

Thanks for your response

Very nice, I ordered the backseat ones on Thursday and i agree, it definitely does the trick. One thing though, How do I get the middle seat belt thru? Did you cut it? Was trying to figure that one out but I'm not sure. Can't just pass it thru because then the bottom bench piece is solid one piece.

I'm not sold on the front row seats one, I'm thinking of getting something a little nicer for the front but it's true, i don't want to mess with the airbags.

Thanks for your response

We generally only have four people in the car so I just let it cover the middle seatbelt for now. A little annoying but practically speaking has not been an issue for us yet.

I got my one cover today and it kind of "fits" the seat. The headrest portion will is stretched to the limit to fit around the non-removable headrest. I was kind of hoping it would have had the metal hooks that I could have placed within the back seat plastic cover but no such luck.

I was kind of hoping for a bit more padding to it. It is padded but not much. Anyways - I'll work it a few days to see how it holds up. I might hide a small pillow at the base to bring back the padding I need to make it comfortable.

1623356615437.png