Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Every time I enter my car, it initiates a phone call to my phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Samsung Galaxy S8 recently did a software update. Ever since then car has been acting weird when I get in. When I open the door the music starts playing like normal but as I get in the music stops and the Card that shows up when your making a phone call pops up like I'm mid call and it shows my phone number. The timer at the bottom of the card stays at 0:00 and there is no noise. Eventually where my phone number is showing changes to display "My name". It stays like this until I hit the red hang up button on the bottom of the card. Then the music remains off until I hit the play icon. Anyone else experience this and know how to make it stop?
20200225_164702.jpg

My Samsung Galaxy S8 recently did a software update. Ever since then car has been acting weird when I get in. When I open the door the music starts playing like normal but as I get in the music stops and the Card that shows up when your making a phone call pops up like I'm mid call and it shows my phone number. The timer at the bottom of the card stays at 0:00 and there is no noise. Eventually where my phone number is showing changes to display "My name". It stays like this until I hit the red hang up button on the bottom of the card. Then the music remains off until I hit the play icon. Anyone else experience this and know how to make it stop? View attachment 515232

My car does this if I leave the Wyze security camera app running on my phone.

But as soon I open the door, I hear "Your destination is...." while I don't have any particular destination set?

That's from an update from October

https://electrek.co/2019/10/26/tesla-update-power-automatic-navigation-more/

"Automatic Navigation starts a route to a likely destination when you get in your car. Automatic Navigation routes you to locations associated with upcoming calendar events, to Work when leaving Home in the morning (Monday through Friday) and Home when leaving Work in the afternoon or evening (Monday through Friday).

To adjust Automatic Navigation, tap Controls > Navigation > Automatic Navigation. To set your work and home addresses, tap Navigate tjen tap Home or Work and enter the address as necessary, then tap Save."

I was able to fix my issue by deleting some 3rd party apps from my phone. I read that there were some apps that can cause this but I was unsure of which apps could cause the issue. So I deleted a handful of apps and games that I don't really use and my phone stopped trying to call itself.

I was able to fix my issue by deleting some 3rd party apps from my phone. I read that there were some apps that can cause this but I was unsure of which apps could cause the issue. So I deleted a handful of apps and games that I don't really use and my phone stopped trying to call itself.

Any app that can use “hands free” Bluetooth protocol will appear as a “phone call” the car.

On iPhones Waze, Google Maps, V1Driver support this so it can blend into what ever you are listening to (the same way a phone can ring).

Android does not officially support this (which is why Waze and Google maps don’t have this option on Android) but some apps found ways. You might of had say a notification app that will ding on the car audio regardless of what you listening to.

Now it’s interesting that this started with OS update though but you narrowed it down to an app.

I get this whenever the RingCentral app (business voip) is active on my phone. Usually requires me force closing the app or playing something on YouTube/Spotify etc. to get it to go away and allow any of the car based audio to play again.