Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVOffer Frunk - Emergency button doesn't always work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The app and screen open and close the frunk just fine. The button, inside the frunk doesn't always work. Is it dependent on if the doors are unlocked/locked/open? If the frunk is the only thing open? I can't tell if it's happening randomly, because of a connection issue, or it's some other variable I can't figure out.

Anyone experience this issue or know how to fix it?

It was installed by Electrified Garage and taking it to them to take a look at it... is a long drive...

I had the exact same issue. It was ok for a while then got annoying. I ended up removing all the wires for the kit except the struts (because it was a PITA to remove) and took it in for service. Told them the emergency button seems to work sporadically. Tesla diagnosed it to a short in the harness and replaced it under warranty. I was lucky that they didn't complain about the non-OEM struts/kit being the cause of the short.

I have a TO Mark 5 installed on 22 MY with AMD. No issues with the emergency button. Use that 90% of the time to close the hood, regardless if the car is locked, unlock, doors open or not.

If I remember correctly, that switch is not connected to the module. Check the pin contact on button that might be causing your intermittent issues.

Reactions: inShaneity