Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVs helping EVs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just seeing if there are any Tesla owners in the Darwin area? Reason for asking:
There is a Zoe owner up there and his car will not charge. He has only the one EVSE and it has stopped working at home and at work. Car is down to 9% so he dares not drive anywhere. There is no Renault EV knowledge up there. No public charging. Zoe has no DC charging.
I just tested my Tesla UMC and it works on my Zoe.
So, if there is someone up there with a UMC, it might be a way to check if the problem is his car or his EVSE.
Thanks,
David

He might contact Richard Smith the local AEVA rep up here. There are also a couple of Type 2 AC chargers up here, State Square Underground carpark in town. Free after hours. Also one at Palmerston Recreation Centre but you will need to bring cable. Also free. We have a 3Kw EVSE with J1772 plug you could use to test, needs a 15amp outlet.

Thanks! Will pass that on. He is also an AEVA member. Unfortunately, at 9% SOC and no local repair presence, he does not want to travel anywhere (for good reason). I suggested getting onto some of the people on Plugshare who have used DCs up there to see if someone will drop by with a UMC to test.

Wow, available from Bunnings. I would not have thought of them for an EVSE! Price is high. But not if one is desperate.

True, but the Juice Booster isn't a cheap unit as far as these things go!
You are right- very expensive at over $2,000. Maybe his is under warranty-hope so...but still cheaper than fixing my Renault Zoe which had the identical symptoms to his. Delayed parts as Covid was just hitting and a gasket had to come from France. Including loaner ICE car & petrol (the saga took over two months during which I was off the road). Bill to Renault from the Dealer (under warranty) was around $11,000! Battery lost 2% SOH during the stay in the service centre because there was no way to charge the battery and it was very low. They extended my warranty by 2yrs as some compensation for the pain.