Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor EVS Motors is your exclusive Authorized PhotoSync Window Film Installer & Dealer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this video isn't specifically for Teslas, but I've heard too many stories about owners getting tint and not confident/unsure whether or not the job they received was considered acceptable. What I'm showing in this video are just some of the common issues I've seen (and there's a lot) but hopefully you can at least have an idea when looking at your own windows.

We got in the new Corvette (hence the thumbnail and title), but what I really wanted to share was the Model S project in the vlog.
Love how 20% Ceraluxe window film looks on the S, especially for privacy reasons.

Tesla Model S in 20% Ceraluxe Window Tint ~ 0:30 mark

Some clients get confused with this little detail when it comes to tinting their front side windows in Texas. A lot request 25% but don't realize that actually drops the visibility BELOW 25% (considered illegal). You'll notice most films come in ~30% to avoid this issue. If you live in Texas and want your front side windows to be legal, choose a film in the ~30% range to avoid dropping below that 25% mark.

For all the 3’s that want to see what the Unplugged Performance front lip looks like installed, we just put one on this nardo gray wrapped 3. Custom painted and vinyl wrapped to match the rest of the build and it looks pretty slick. I also show what 20% window tint looks like a Model S since summer is coming!

~ 1:42 mark for the Unplugged Performance lip spoiler

~3:35 mark for the Tesla Model S 20% tint walkaround

Some Tesla goodness in this vlog. We swapped out our Tesla Model 3’s wheels to Vossen’s new HF-4T. Really cool design, especially since there’s a twist detail to them. Combined with the Vorsteiner Volta kit, it’s a great look. We also finish up a Model Y clearbra (ppf) and window tint and get it ready for the Houston road (once this whole lockdown is over with of course because everyone is playing by the rules and staying inside like we’re all suppose to and not doing anything we shouldn’t be, because social distancing is very very important and like the mayor of Houston said, we all need to “chill”).

~ 1:15 mark Tesla Model 3 with new Vossen Wheels

~ 4:12 mark Tesla Model Y Walkaround

Starting to make more matte/satin white 3's lately! Here’s another project we just completed with Satin Guard ppf, lowering springs, chrome delete, Photosync window tint, and 21” Vorsteiner VFF-109 wheels. The satin effect is really subtle on the white which is nice, especially for a car that’s driven daily. It’s unique enough to make you think there’s something special about that paint without being over the top.

~ 2:05 to see what satin black chrome delete looks like on a white 3 vs a black 3
~ 4:20 Satin/Matte White 3 project walkaround

With the days getting hotter, I know a lot of owners will be thinking about tint where ever they are in Texas. While some love darker tint, please know that you don't need to go dark to get heat rejection as long as it’s high quality film. There are films that are 75% (yes, that clear!) and block MORE than 5%/limo tint. And don't be so easily convinced by anyone who says their film is "ceramic". It's such an overly used, overhyped word that barely holds any weight now due to the fact everyone and anyone will say their film is ceramic. Checking TSER% and VLT% will help you compare heat rejection across brands.

Here's a Model 3 we finished up with Photosync 45% window tint . We went with a pretty light shade for this one per customer request. Gives you an idea what the shade looks like with a white interior.

I know tint is starting to creep into our minds as summer approaches, so here's a walkaround of a S we did in 20% on all the sides and back for ideas. People are always surprised to see how much lighter it is looking out versus looking in.

Several projects going on in this vlog, but I wanted to highlight a clip on a 3 we did, with clearbra & Photosync 70 for anyone interested. If you’re taking delivery of your new Tesla, highly recommend getting a clearbra to keep your paint looking new for as long as possible.

~1:14 mark for Model 3 clearbra/tint walkaround

*Disregard the thumbnail, the vlog consisted of other projects as well!*

With the days getting hotter, tint is becoming more and more of a priority, especially since our cars have such large windows. While there's different tints for everyone, most Texans prefer the same shade which is about 30%. Here's a quick video to show you what that looks like on the sides and back on a 3.

There’s a ton of Midnight Silver Teslas, but this one is 1 of a kind ;)

Turned this Model S’ paint into a satin/matte/translucent version by wrapping it with Satin Guard. Not only will it protect against rock chips/scratches, but it transforms any car paint into a beautiful satin finish. Perfect way to change up the color of the car while still showcasing the original color while protecting it too. Photosync 30% and 70% IRD on the sides, back, and front windshield. View from the inside is shown as well.

~2:20 mark for walkaround