Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV's to pay Road Tax from April 2025

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At that point you would be liable for insurance and whatever else they decide to throw the book at you and make an example.

Im not taking sides here but it's easy to see how people fail to understand how it works since on the surface of it, it looks plain and simple. However Im not about to applaud the government for their clever wording with intent. No one should be expected to be able to read in between the lines per say or read every single small print but yet there is reliance that they won't.

The fact that someone used some clever wording doesn't make make things right or fair but hence I'm inserting the moral grounds token here.

As someone else here said, the whole thing stinks and we could probably have a good rant about VED on motorbikes ;)
That’s what I mean, it all seems messed up. My wife made me sell my motorbike 😥

That’s what I mean, it all seems messed up. My wife made me sell my motorbike 😥
It's not right but it doesn't end there I'm afraid. It would appear that you cant get anywhere in life without a bit of cunningness these days. It's a cat and mouse/grafting affair 😬. They should just gather all the VED rates, calculate an average and dish it out to all vehicles and stop making bull as they go along as and treating people like mugs (this is what i find most offensive) imho.

My "wife" also told me not to get a licence or buy a big bike but back then I thought its not a given that she won't runway with the postman some day and I am at a total loss by then... Sometimes you have to draw a line 🧐

• Funny
Reactions: Electron Mike
Can someone explain what the future policy on company cars is. Can’t find the announcement on the web. Can the company still write off the full cost of the car?
In the Spring Budget 2020, the Government announced that it planned to extend the 100% first year allowances for zero-emission cars, zero-emission goods vehicles and equipment for gas refuelling stations by four years from April 2021 - however I can't see the date listed on this page, so not sure if it's been extended again. I imagine it's unchanged:- Claim capital allowances.

From what I can see, BIK 1% increase each year for 3 years from 2025/26 is the only new announcement. This is in addition to the current 2%.