Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excessive camber?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my MYP 19 days ago. I've put a little over 3,000 miles on it so far and I noticed the other day that the camber for the rear seemed a little excessive. The car is completely empty with the exception of a mobile charger in the back, I haven't hit any potholes or big bumps like I saw in this post.

I checked the owner's manual but I couldn't find any camber specifications; from what I read it's not possible to adjust the camber so I was wondering if it's supposed to have this much negative camber from the factory.

IMG_1026.jpeg
IMG_1029.jpeg
IMG_1021.jpeg
IMG_1022.jpeg

Due to the problems I have had with my y alignment, advice would be buy the ones that I gave the link to and install and then find a shop that will align your y, and you’ll save money, as I have had 5 alignment in 18 months and the camber has all ways been a problem.

Reactions: Cronus577
I had an alignment earlier today. Here’s a photo of in-spec values and their permitted range.

Mechanic said every Tesla that comes in has alignment that’s off (but then I also wonder why anyone would bring a car in for alignment unless they already suspected it was off). I just bought new tires so that was my reason for coming in but my specs apparently were off too.

They had trouble adjusting camber on front right and mentioned the limited adjustability. After the first adjustment the Y pulled to the left slightly so I went back and they redid it, hence the second sheet.

Attachments

• DD9AA0A7-3443-4C7E-A388-7E6148DB2B2D.jpeg
    DD9AA0A7-3443-4C7E-A388-7E6148DB2B2D.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I had an alignment earlier today. Here’s a photo of in-spec values and their permitted range.

Mechanic said every Tesla that comes in has alignment that’s off (but then I also wonder why anyone would bring a car in for alignment unless they already suspected it was off). I just bought new tires so that was my reason for coming in but my specs apparently were off too.

They had trouble adjusting camber on front right and mentioned the limited adjustability. After the first adjustment the Y pulled to the left slightly so I went back and they redid it, hence the second sheet.
wow they got your camber fixed on 2nd

wow they got your camber fixed on 2nd
So initially they said they couldn’t fix the front right camber because the top strut plate was already adjusted the max it can go without grinding down the area. I drove off then had to make a U-turn a few miles down the road due to obvious pulling that wasn’t present before the alignment.

They took it around back and was done in about 15 minutes. I know they re-measured everything but I’m not sure if they actually made any adjustments. Even the front office guy was surprised everything looked better. He made a comment that the short drive must’ve helped sort things out. Kind of an odd comment to make but this is a popular and trusted repair and alignment shop in the area and I’ve taken my S here before. They are super busy nowadays and took me two weeks to get in to be seen.