Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excessive distance warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just recently, our MY has started warning of too close warnings when parking in our garage or in parking lots. It warns of distances of 13 or less inches when I know there are several feet of clearance. It exclaims STOP, but continuing to move forward it just changes the distance measure, seemingly randomly. It used to be very accurate. Any ideas what might have happened?

Thanks,
Ken

Does your car have the Ultrasonic sensors? If so, might need replacement. If not, then ignore as the new cars being delivered with no USS don't have the ability to use the parking sensors for a temporary period....

Does your car have the Ultrasonic sensors? If so, might need replacement. If not, then ignore as the new cars being delivered with no USS don't have the ability to use the parking sensors for a temporary period....
Pretty sure it has USS. Since delivery in August it has worked perfectly - very accurate. Senses things at curb level outside of view. It has only become "hyper" within the last week or two.
Might need replacement would be rather disappointing for a three month old car.

I wish I still had warnings of any kind. With no USS, I need to wait until Tesla figures out how to make Park Assist proximity alerts work with Tesla Vision.
What a brilliant idea to remove that feature before a replacement solution was available and ready to be pushed out to the new cars with no sensors.

Personally, I'll be glad when they are gone and Tesla Vision is working. I always have issues in rainy weather when coming to a stop, with the water running off the hood and tricking the sensors. I've had them cleaned and changed, no luck.

Interesting...
On Tuesday, the day after posting about the issue, the USS distance readouts suddenly became accurate again. This was before any washing. Still worked perfectly after washing and even while still dripping wet. So far, it has worked perfectly ever since.