Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excited for my model x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just came back from the Westchester Mall in NY and put a down payment on the Model X. I've been tracking TESLA for a while now and was going to pick up the Model S about 6 mos ago but just couldn't get over unknowns around battery powered cars. The reviews of the Model S have been extremely positive, I love the way it drives (taken it out three times) - so i bit the bullet and reserved a Model X. Super excited to "design" it in the next 5-6 mos or so, whenever Tesla lets me know.

Super stoked, though it's weird to be so excited for a car we know little about.

Congrats! I really hope they throw us a bone soon. There's only so many times I can hold off clicking the order button for the Model S. Must of configured that 100 times by now and aborted. :(

That would be a fun statistic to know: the total number of "Model S Design Studio" tinkerings the average user makes before ordering, and, just as interesting, AFTER ordering but before delivery. I know I'm guilty of tinkering with the design page at least a few dozen times :)

I got my P85 in mid-Dec and still love it more everyday. I would love to get a Model X for my wife, but it just seems so practical with the Falcon rear doors. I can just see everyone getting covered in the back while waiting for those doors to open/close in a heavy rain or snow storm! Also, here in the Northeast it's hard to see what prevents lots of snow from falling from the roof onto passengers when those rear doors are opened. I saw the prototype at the factory party while at Teslive and still have these
concerns.

The X will be our do everything car. The S is great and we've loved it for every day of the 8 months we've had it, but when the X comes out we'll most likely sell it to one of the 3 people who are on my waiting list of people ready to buy it from me. The X, if it hasn't already happened with the S, will show carmakers that 18650's are the *only* way to compete. The X will have such a ridiculously low CoG and balanced CoM that now truck and 4x4 enthusiasts will wake up. This car will be able to do anything you throw at it. I expect it to win as much or more awards than the S as it should take share away from Jeep and Land Rover. What if you could tow really heavy stuff across the country for free on superchargers? Yeah, I'm excited about the X.

Oh, and one more thing, buy the time the X is out, most likely the UK will be fully supercharged and I can't wait to see Top Gear try to say that Model S and X are NOT the best cars on the road or off...full stop ;)

Last edited:
I can't wait either. I reserved a Model X as well. I NEVER thought I'd order a car without test driving it. But love my S so much I had to do it. Have the vanity plates ordered as well and can't wait! I'm even renovating my garage. Something that I NEVER in a million years thought I'd do. Putting in Epoxy flooring and about $12,000 in high end cabinets. My wife before I bought the S didn't think it was the best idea. Now she is excited as the garage is getting a make over.

We're trading in our Audi Q7 TDI for the X.

No X to drive so the wife and I tested the S yesterday. It was unexpectedly beyond our impressions of what an electric vehicle would be. She's an SUV lover so after a series of Range Rovers (starting in 1991), a MB G Wagon and now a Lexus RX350, she can't wait to get the X. The gas savings will allow me a larger budget for my beer and cigars!!!!
Put down the deposit today (regular, not Signature) and expect delivery late-2015 or in 2016. Anyone else have an X on order in Vancouver???

Last edited:
No X to drive so the wife and I tested the S yesterday. It was unexpectedly beyond our impressions of what an electric vehicle would be. She's an SUV lover so after a series of Range Rovers (starting in 1991), a MB G Wagon and now a Lexus RX350, she can't wait to get the X. The gas savings will allow me a larger budget for my beer and cigars!!!!
Put down the deposit today (regular, not Signature) and expect delivery late-2015 or in 2016. Anyone else have an X on order in Vancouver???
There are a few. I'm #3 for a signature & in Vancouver too. :) What # did you get so we can update the Model X Tally? ;)