Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exclude Home with Doors Auto Lock set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model S and have the "exclude" box checked for my home. But the door locks still lock. I have reset the home location and done a reset, still no luck. Any suggestions?
After you checked your "exclude home" box, have you driven your S out of your house and come back? If your car stayed at home all the time, just checking the box doesn't change anything. It goes into effect after your first out of house travel, upon your return back to home.

I have a Y and I checked exclude home but then the locks didn’t lock even though I was a few houses down from my home down the street?

does it take your home address or where you are when you parked?
I guess it's based on the GPS/LTE/Wi-Fi location (like iPhone, it might use a combination of all 3 for an accurate location) but must have a tolerance due to the noise, with a radius of a few lots? For your home location, I think it uses the address (because that's what you enter in the navigation page as home), then use Google map or something to find out what's the reference point for that street address (for example, my lot size is over 4 acres, so you still need a point (GPS coordinate) for my home address and you'll have to rely on a map like Google map (I heard that Tesla uses Google map for navigation). Worst case - if your reference point of the home address is far from the actual location of where the car is parked and if the tolerance is small, then the car might still be locked even when parked at home, so probably that's another reason why the tolerance can't be too small.