Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX doesn't consistently recognize it's at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 Raven MX. We have 2 driver profiles and both are set up with the "exclude at home" options enabled for walk away locking, auto door opening and sentry. About half the time, when at home, it behaves as if it's not at home (locks doors, sentry is on and door auto opens).

We very recently had the MCU2 replaced because both screens went black. It never did this before the MCU2 was replaced. Is it possible that there's some issue with the GPS and the replaced MCU2? Maybe the GPS antenna connection? I haven't noticed any other issues with the GPS but honestly don't use it that much. Any ideas?

I think I figured it out. My wife’s profile didn’t have the home location set. I guess I thought home applied to the car, not the driver. So, even though her profile excluded those options at home, technically she was never home. Of course, when I brought the car home, it behaved correctly because I had home location set. Hence, the intermittent behavior.

Reactions: ATPMSD