Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expected Range LR RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 100 mile commute, 90% interstate, consistent 70 MPH, slight downhill going, uphill return, SC climate (mild winters, seldom snow).

For those of you with a LR RWD, what would be an estimate for the expected range under these conditions, if driving conservative, Aeros wheels?

Thanks,

I have a 100 mile commute, 90% interstate, consistent 70 MPH, slight downhill going, uphill return, SC climate (mild winters, seldom snow).

For those of you with a LR RWD, what would be an estimate for the expected range under these conditions, if driving conservative, Aeros wheels?

Thanks,

Bad weather can lower ranger uo to 40% from my personal experience. (Along with the 70mph)

in my LR RWD 18" Aeros, at 65-70mph, I get around 190Wh/mi if I don't run A/C. 220Wh/mi if I do run A/C, and in Boston winters, around 300Wh/mi running the heater.

My lifetime Wh/mi reading from the car is 204. I have 13k miles on the ODO. My numbers are more efficient than most because my commutes tend to be in heavy traffic, which is ideal for range.

I have the M3 LR RWD with Aero wheel.

I have put on 17.5K miles during the last 11 months. I would say that 8K of these are long distance high way driving (Texas, New Mexico, Alabama, Florida). The rest are local Texas driving which is flat. I average 237 Wh per mile so my average range is 316 miles.

Thanks,
the LR rear wheel drive with 18 inch aero wheel combination is the longest range Model 3 possible. You can definitely do at least 230 miles distance easily at very high highway speed even in bad weather.

Little hack. Heat blast your car from the app while it’s still plugged in before you leave in the mornings. Doesn’t kill your range when it’s plugged in and you’ll use a lot less heat on your commute while driving in a toasty car. Set temp to high and pop the seat heaters on rest of the commute. I’ve heard, seat heaters use up to 60x less energy than the heater.

Stick to 90%. You’ll be fine imo.