Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experts i need your advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My design install docs say that the max series string size is 17 modules; Did they exceed that with this configuration im seeing in Solar edge?

To me and im no expert i see them all on the same string 1.0

1625419183561.png

Attachments

• 1625419152832.png
    1625419152832.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 37
My design install docs say that the max series string size is 17 modules; Did they exceed that with this configuration im seeing in Solar edge?

To me and im no expert i see them all on the same string 1.0

View attachment 681350
How did that design get there? Your installer? I have the same issue. Talking to SE, if one has lots of modules, it does not work correctly. I have 3 strings per inverter, about 45 panels per inverter. They said only way to do correctly is take 2 strings off, then have the inverter pair. Then I would assume put another string on and pair. I have not done this yet to see if works.

In the Solar edge app they look like that because the physical layout was not done by Tesla in the SolarEdge dashboard. They never do it without being asked and seldom do it even when asked after the fact and you would need the mapping of which panels go where that someone might have written down when they were installed.
Mine looks like yours in the app but I have two strings physically in place.

The reason im asking is that on a full sunny day in July i never com close to my specked out system at noon.

That doesnt mean anything relevant in relation to number of strings, etc. Your actual layout on your roof is likely more than shows in that app. Unless your solar array is ground mounted, at the perfect angle, and all facing mostly south, you will not get your nameplate system rating.

This is normal, and not indicative of any sort of problem. Other things could indicate a problem / issue, but not hitting (for example) 8.1kWh output at any point on an 8.1kW sized system is perfectly normal.

• Informative
Reactions: jhn_