Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expired trade in update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From my limited but revealing interaction with them, the online quoted price is just a bait. I wouldn't have any expectation, this is what they would actually give you.
Its a mixed bag you can find plenty of people who were offered way less on the day for what seem like spurious reasons. But also many very satisfied. My parents for example got a great price for an old Honda.

No good for cars with high priced options. They don't even ask on the quote. You will get naff all for FSD for example.

Its a mixed bag you can find plenty of people who were offered way less on the day for what seem like spurious reasons. But also many very satisfied. My parents for example got a great price for an old Honda.

No good for cars with high priced options. They don't even ask on the quote. You will get naff all for FSD for example.
Agreed. When I flipped my 2019 M3 for my 2021 M3. WBAC offered £k’s more than Tesla for trade-in and Motorway couldn’t compete in their auction so I sold to WBAC. They knocked off a few hundred for curbed wheels and stone chips. I knew this before trying with motorway and agreed a min price accordingly. I do think WBAC valued my P- as a P where the motorway bidders and Tesla didn’t.

As I was buying a used inventory model I had the advantage of picking up the new car and checking for issues before selling old car to WBAC i.e. it gave me the option to reject the new car and keep the old car (and sometimes I wish I still had that acceleration).