Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expired trade in update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I replied to a get ready text from them that I’m still waiting for valuation update and was told I will receive it within a 30 day collection window. EDD date 31 Aug 14 Sep, so Monday.

2k less than The March valuation would be just about acceptable, as you say for the convenience. No public transport to Bristol docks.

I replied to a get ready text from them that I’m still waiting for valuation update and was told I will receive it within a 30 day collection window. EDD date 31 Aug 14 Sep, so Monday.

2k less than The March valuation would be just about acceptable, as you say for the convenience. No public transport to Bristol docks.
I had a call asking for mileage over a month ago then nothing. Then a Text two days ago asking the same and now I have the updated price

Well I was pleasantly surprised by WBAC, after hearing they try to reduce their valuation for any flaw they can possibly find I was expecting them to go over the car with a fine tooth comb but they really only gave the exterior of the car a minor look over and only reduced their valuation a tiny amount for the miles covered between their online valuation and the actual viewing. They seemed pretty keen to acquire the car and it was a very quick and painless experience.

Still a bit of a blow after the great trade in value in March (which was really the only reason I ordered a new car as it was too good to pass up on) and I now have the inconvenience of having no car for 3 weeks and have to travel 200 miles on public transport to collect the new car, whereas it would have been much easier to drive down in the old one and return home in the new one.

However after fees WBAC gave £2300 above the new Tesla valuation so I'm happy with that, still £2600 less than the March valuation, but that is 5 months ago now, the car has added 3000 miles, the new price has increased £1500, and I will now get a 72 plate instead of a 22, so all that factored in I think its still a pretty good deal.

Reactions: Durzel and mick4545
Well I was pleasantly surprised by WBAC, after hearing they try to reduce their valuation for any flaw they can possibly find I was expecting them to go over the car with a fine tooth comb but they really only gave the exterior of the car a minor look over and only reduced their valuation a tiny amount for the miles covered between their online valuation and the actual viewing. They seemed pretty keen to acquire the car and it was a very quick and painless experience.

Still a bit of a blow after the great trade in value in March (which was really the only reason I ordered a new car as it was too good to pass up on) and I now have the inconvenience of having no car for 3 weeks and have to travel 200 miles on public transport to collect the new car, whereas it would have been much easier to drive down in the old one and return home in the new one.

However after fees WBAC gave £2300 above the new Tesla valuation so I'm happy with that, still £2600 less than the March valuation, but that is 5 months ago now, the car has added 3000 miles, the new price has increased £1500, and I will now get a 72 plate instead of a 22, so all that factored in I think its still a pretty good deal.
Its a bit variable I think and may depend on lots of factors including the individual agent. You have to assume they will try to knock you down a bit so that its a nice surprise if they don't.

Reactions: seadog
So Tesla have given me my trade in offer, and low balled me by dropping it £3500 despite having only done about 500 miles since it last expired in June.
The cynic in me thinks they have deliberately given high offers initially to persuade you to order, then pulled the rug when you are invested in the purchase.
So now I'm going to have to sell it separately as the numbers don't work for me.
Between March and June, Tesla were consistently higher than WBAC, motorway etc, and now it is the other way round,so it does seem to be a tactic by Tesla.
WBAC is the highest for me now but I don't like their tactics and having to hand the car over and wait several days for payment. I might try motorway who are between the two, and possibly carwow. Cazoo are way off, are there any others I should consider?
It also means being without a car for a few weeks and hoping the MY does turn up and I can pick it up as I'm out of the country from 3rd to 11th, and EDD is currently 1st to 15th 🤞

Just received Tesla's trade in offer, and it is almost as good as the March one. £45,300. The best WBAC could do was £43,860. Well chuffed.

I wonder if my ordering EAP on the Y, and my trade in has FSD and free Premium Connectivity contributed to the good Tesla valuation?

Edit: Trade in 3-year-old M3, 19,000 miles.

White/Black MYLR 19 inch. EAP Cash + M3 Trade in. Pick up Bristol.

Edit:trade in M3LR white/Black. 18” FSD Free Premium Connectivity. 19000 miles.
Ihave white black 18" 25k miles Nov 19 and my new price is £41.5K.so on that basis looks like the FSD is having some impact.

Edit. WBAC price was only 1k less than yours so clearly they don't care about FSD

Last edited:
Just received Tesla's trade in offer, and it is almost as good as the March one. £45,300. The best WBAC could do was £43,860. Well chuffed.

I wonder if my ordering EAP on the Y, and my trade in has FSD and free Premium Connectivity contributed to the good Tesla valuation?

Edit: Trade in 3-year-old M3, 19,000 miles.
Same here, £500 less than my offer back in March. however i have added almost 6000miles to the car.

I have an M3 2019 SR+, pearl white, FSD 12k.
Trading in for a MY.
Just got a Tesla requote of £38,860 dropped £440 from original.
WBAC online quoted £37778. Rep phoned and effectively disowned this and said it has no validity period, call 4 days before replacing to negotiate. Sounds like a used car salesman rip-off tactic.

I have an M3 2019 SR+, pearl white, FSD 12k.
Trading in for a MY.
Just got a Tesla requote of £38,860 dropped £440 from original.
WBAC online quoted £37778. Rep phoned and effectively disowned this and said it has no validity period, call 4 days before replacing to negotiate. Sounds like a used car salesman rip-off tactic.
WBAC phoned you? that's new. they have never phoned me. They must really want it
Since the Tesla price is better I guess you are just taking that. Currently WBAC are 2K more than Tesla so I may have to deal with them. I like the convenience of trade in but 2K ( pre-nickel and dime) is too much to ignore if it stays the same.

WBAC phoned you? that's new. they have never phoned me. They must really want it
Since the Tesla price is better I guess you are just taking that. Currently WBAC are 2K more than Tesla so I may have to deal with them. I like the convenience of trade in but 2K ( pre-nickel and dime) is too much to ignore if it stays the same.
From my limited but revealing interaction with them, the online quoted price is just a bait. I wouldn't have any expectation, this is what they would actually give you.

Reactions: Toblerone
What are you trading in? LR prices seem to have stayed high, P prices seem to have fallen, maybe due to the shorter waiting time for the P.
I was expecting to be similarly disappointed, but there may be something to LR values remaining strong in this market - Tesla increased the trade in on my '21 M3LR by over £1k this week. I only covered an extra 500 miles or so since March (and just over 2k miles overall, back issues followed by shoulder op mean it's barely been driven at all). WBAC slightly stronger on paper, Motorway, etc slightly less than Tesla, so I'll be taking the straightforward route of a Tesla swap. Like many, the high trade-ins in March helped convince me to go for the swap so I'm a little relieved it didn't go completely south!

I was expecting to be similarly disappointed, but there may be something to LR values remaining strong in this market - Tesla increased the trade in on my '21 M3LR by over £1k this week. I only covered an extra 500 miles or so since March (and just over 2k miles overall, back issues followed by shoulder op mean it's barely been driven at all). WBAC slightly stronger on paper, Motorway, etc slightly less than Tesla, so I'll be taking the straightforward route of a Tesla swap. Like many, the high trade-ins in March helped convince me to go for the swap so I'm a little relieved it didn't go completely south!
The new price of an M3LR has gone up £7500 in the period of course so really the prices should be higher now!

Last edited: