Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expiring Free Supercharging Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We purchased our M3 in late December of last year and received 1,000 free supercharging miles that expire 6 months after our vehicle delivery. We had planned to take a couple of road trips and would use the miles at superchargers during the trip. Due to the stay at home mandate, we will not be able to take our trips now and possibly not for months until the Covid-19 outbreak has ended. As we have recently installed solar panels on our home, we really don’t need to supercharge until we are on a trip. How many other Tesla owners have expiring miles? Should we ask Tesla to extend the expiration date for this incentive?

In my experience the miles don’t actually expire. Or if they do, the expiration occurs significantly after Tesla says it will. My miles were scheduled to expire in February and they’re still in my account and I’ve seen many other reports on this forum from those with similar experiences.

In my experience the miles don’t actually expire. Or if they do, the expiration occurs significantly after Tesla says it will. My miles were scheduled to expire in February and they’re still in my account and I’ve seen many other reports on this forum from those with similar experiences.
This sounds very tesla-like...but unlike other situations where there's poor follow-up or automation, this one works to our advantage haha.

My 1 year mark is coming up within 2 weeks.
I will let you know if they expire. I have 852 miles left over. I thought I would supercharge a lot but I have used SC only a handful of times during the last 12 months.

I actually checked mine yesterday too before finding this thread. I had 7k for a while, made a referral on 3/13/20, my new total went up to 8k. Checked yesterday afternoon and i mysteriously lost 5k of them. My referral on 3/13 should have not also added that 1k like it did but also reset and extended the expiration date. I sent a email to the referral team, hopefully I hear something back soon. Maybe this is a company wide glitch?

I actually checked mine yesterday too before finding this thread. I had 7k for a while, made a referral on 3/13/20, my new total went up to 8k. Checked yesterday afternoon and i mysteriously lost 5k of them. My referral on 3/13 should have not also added that 1k like it did but also reset and extended the expiration date. I sent a email to the referral team, hopefully I hear something back soon. Maybe this is a company wide glitch?
Do you mind sharing the email address