Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Export to Colombia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!

We recently ordered a model 3 in Dadeland mall, Miami. We are going to export the car to Colombia (where we live), so we don’t have all the papers that the Tesla webpage request! We have tried to contact Tesla by a lot of emails but they have not answered. What we should do? We should wait for Tesla to contact us before the delivery (In the page says 4-6 weeks and we ordered last week)? Or do you know a better way to contact them?

Thank you!

I thought the Tesla Account webpage would request:

1) Driver License
2) Insurance
3) Payment method

What else is Tesla asking from you?

Hello Tam! Thank you for answering!

The main problem is that the documents should be from the US (It asks about the state of the driver´s license. According to the Tesla employer, we don´t need those if the car is not going to be in the US. He said he would send a contact for a person who has helped export other Teslas, but he has not answered. Also Tam, at the webpage it says "Prepare for delivery". Even if we don´t upload the documents, the delivery is still planned in four to six weeks? Or it is 4-6 weeks after all the documents are ready?

Thank You!

Sacalle,

Moving to Medellin next June. Would like to import a Tesla from USA. Any guidance and/or importer info you want to share with the group. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ijnabe54

Yes! We are waiting for the title of the car that should come up next week to import the car by boat. So far so good. Anything new I will post it here! If you need any other info please write to me at [email protected]!