TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Extended Service Agreement

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by dsm363, Jan 24, 2011.

1. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Did anyone here get the extended service agreement? I was told it was not an extended warranty but an extended service agreement and wasn't sure what the difference was. I realize the extended service agreement doesn't cover the battery. I have a few months to decide if I want it or not. Thanks.

2. tennis_trs

tennis_trs 2010 2.0 Roadster Sport

I got it. It does say Extended Service Agreement on it. It appears to cover the same items as the initial warranty. I would think they'd send you a blank one to look it over if you told them you were considering it.

There is a $100 deductible, which I don't think the initial warranty has. It looks like it is $100 for each covered repair, but once you've paid the deductible for repairing/replacing a given part you wouldn't pay a deductible for any subsequent repairs/replacements of that part.

3. dsm363

Thanks. They just sent me the blank agreement. I was sent the wrong one at first and it didn't include the rest of the agreement after the first page. I may do it. I'm enjoying this car so much I'm planning on keeping it for a long time.

4. user497

user497 Member

How long do you have to decide? I got mine back in April so it's still under a year and I would be interested in it. They never brought it up and I don't remember asking them about it at the time (which in hindsight wasn't a brilliant move on my part). Thanks.

5. Nvbob

Nvbob Roadster 1256

When I inquired, I was told a new owner could purchase the Extended Service Agreement within 90 days of purchasing the car. I wonder if that has changed?

6. dsm363

It hasn't changed. They do list it as an option when you buy the car and it's on some of the paperwork as well. I waited until after delivery to make sure I liked driving the car before I decided to get it.

7. The extended warranty is a must. I believe Tesla charges a Labor rate of $175/hr/ The extended warranty will easily pay for itself.

8. You will buy your Model S and the Extended Warranty right?:crying:

9. zack

zack Member

I bought it.

10. AndrewBissell

AndrewBissell Member

I inquired. In Europe they can't offer the extended warranty at present but expect to do so again before my vehicle needs it (so, by late Q1 2013).