Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extension of warranty at the end of 3 years

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if anyone has successfully been able to extend their Roadster warranty after the first 3 years of buying their CPO directly from Tesla?
My understanding is that it is $3600 to extend by an additional 3 years.

Reactions: AtAge19
I just did that very thing! My price for three years/36,000 miles, Roadster and battery, was a total of $12,000. It's $5,000 for the Roadster not counting the battery, $7,000 for the battery. There is a $200 deductible per service center visit (not per item). However, so far not all service centers are not yet enforcing the deductible. You need to purchase the ESA within 30 days of the expiration of the C.P.O. warranty.

Reactions: AtAge19
I was told in UK, that the maximum extension is 3 years to 6 years in total from new (and that cost c $20,000 at today's poor £:$ exchange rates .. I got it with the car).

But, We dont have CPO roadsters in UK :-(

.. I wonder if a 3 year old, US, 'CPO roadster' with a 3 year warrantee can be extended by another 3 years making a total of 9 years under warrantee ?

Yeah. I got a 3 year warranty with my car when it was new, but they wouldn't even sell the first extension in my state, much less a second.

But hey, that saved me a lot of money. I never would have used the second warranty. And so far (knock knock) not the third either.