Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

External Speakers???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Radlaw

Charles
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2018
San Diego California
Rumor has it Tesla will be creating the ability to warn pedestrians, since the car is so quiet. Apparently this will be for cars with "external;" speakers. I just walked around my T-3 and didn't see any speakers. I don't know whether to go to Best Buy and get some or not. ;) What are "external" speakers? How do I find out whether or not I have them? The only external speakers I have now are my hearing aids.

Thanks. Any retrofits?
Are you asking if it's possible to add the external speaker to a 3 that came without one? If so, that may not be easily possible, moderately expensive, or impossible, to do. It looks like the entire front panel under the bumper would need to be replaced with one with the speaker holes in it. Assuming that the speaker is attached to that panel, then you would need to have the wiring harness installed / replaced with connections to drive that speaker.

If it's something that you're really interested in having, I suggest you contact your local service center and ask if it's possible to do. Then come back here at let us know, (1) if it is indeed possible and if YES, (2) how much it costs.

Are you asking if it's possible to add the external speaker to a 3 that came without one? If so, that may not be easily possible, moderately expensive, or impossible, to do. It looks like the entire front panel under the bumper would need to be replaced with one with the speaker holes in it. Assuming that the speaker is attached to that panel, then you would need to have the wiring harness installed / replaced with connections to drive that speaker.

If it's something that you're really interested in having, I suggest you contact your local service center and ask if it's possible to do. Then come back here at let us know, (1) if it is indeed possible and if YES, (2) how much it costs.
Naw; just curious