Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extreme vampire drain model s p85 -13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that's normal...
Why would that be normal? If you're about to say "Sentry Mode", take note that this is a 2013, before there were any cameras or radar. Vampire drain should be really low on a 2013 car.

The thing I could think of is if the 12V battery is going out, it may have that function updated in the software where it keeps the car on all the time and won't let it go to sleep so the owner has a chance to drive the car in to get the 12V battery changed before the car just turns off and can't turn back on.

Why would that be normal?
Because my AP1 2016 MX looses about that much in a day...
Plus cold weather was mentioned which will always readjust SOC down
And i believe old 85 packs have pumps running all the time above 70% soc or similar.. (soc wasn't mentioned but just in case)
My car will go into deep sleep after 3 days however n won't drain much (~5% every few days)

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H and ucmndd
I just buy it a few months ago, and yes it has been like this since i repaird isolation fault in ldu. It had a isolation fault When i buy it. When that fault was active battery dident drain a singel %
When you have isolation faults, that prevents from contactors closing, so same as you disconnect 12v and loop, HV would stay as you left. But when car have no alerts, contacors is on, because it supporting 12v and other awake things in the car. Also you could try connect 12v charger and leave connected for 24h to see if 12v battery possibly weak, and if this test gave any impact to the drain. But myself seen least 3% drain on same model +-+-

Reactions: brainhouston