Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extremely fragile top glass roof - Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jokes aside, it really sucks that this happened. Could have been a defect, but there is no way to prove this, and you sure don't have to convince people on the internet.
Your insurance deductible should be lower than the actual cost, right? Sucks you wasted weeks on this repair.
I am adding this to the list of things for my 5year old's "NOT TO DO" things in the car.

Reactions: tallevdude
Those forums have been used many times for clueless people expressing their displeasure with something Tesla that they have zero understanding. Those posters often report an "issue" and always claim that Tesla is at fault. This has been observed in several TMC subforums. As time passes, some of those posts get filtered out by TMC members and proven to be wrong. What is really bad, which applies to this very thread, that there are no updates on the subject.

OP comes in, faults Tesla because his kid destroyed it and then dissapears. No updates, no admitnce of self wrong doing, nothing.

In any case, anonymous forums are a blessing for those kind of folks. Just show up, do the bitching, understand nothing and waste other's time.

Next topic - my neighbour dropped a brick on my Tesla and I am curious why the roof sucks and I want Tesla to pay for it and Ellon to apologize.
Over 1 month *before* you graced us with your opinion about not giving any updates I gave a detailed update htat included the resolution for this issue. I never suggested that tesla should pay anything (others did). My initial post detailed exactly what happened to the glass and who was responsible, and asked if anyone else had a similar experience and gave a warning. Which is exactly what a forum like this should do.

I agree with your view that these forums can, sadly, bring out the very worst people. I very likely believe that in a different way than you do.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: GOVA and sleepydoc
^ If you refer to your #33 post as an update, I hardly find it helpful due to its future tense plans. My issue with you overall was the fact that you did strongly blame Tesla and called them names even though it is very clear that the damage was 100% your fault.

Many posters did try to respond in reasonable manner pointing that out, but all of that was futile. You and some others kept insisting that it was Tesla's fault.

Now, you can keep your snarky replies for your family perhaps. Your lack of understanding and cooperation as well as going the easiest way - blame somebody else is hard to deny. Even if you removed all my posts from this pitiful thread, many people did offer a lot of help, yet you ignored all of it and kept claiming your point of view was right. Whatever.

• Disagree
Reactions: tbcboo and WhiteWi