Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F0016 Roadster for Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Around 2003, I had an accidental opportunity to meet the original Tesla team that was architecting, packaging and testing the power systems that led to the launch of the Roadster. Luckily, I was also fortunate enough to order an early car. Imagine how thrilled (and shocked) I was when I was told my car would be "Founder's 0016" - the sixteenth Roadster to be built.

upload_2017-5-28_11-17-35.png

upload_2017-5-28_11-18-40.png

upload_2017-5-28_11-13-50.png

I took delivery on August 1, 2008. Zak Edson (now a senior exec at Lucid Motors) did my "training" and my wife and I drove to dinner. We made this video that day:

Tesla marketing asked if they could use it for PR and customer engagements. Of course! Sharing your joy is a fundamental principle in my life.

Since then, I've been blessed to receive Model S Founder's 020 and Model X Founder's 003. Clearly, I love Tesla cars, and the statements they make about innovation, fun and the future.

I am now ready to find a new home for my Roadster.
upload_2017-5-28_11-11-18.png

The car is Black on Black with tan seat inserts. It's had some updates along the way and a wonderfully perfect vehicle. It has been garaged consistently and has about 15,500 miles on it. The charging unit is specific to the Roadster, and will be included with the car.

upload_2017-5-28_11-16-14.png

I do not have a price in mind and will consider reasonable offers. Leave a message here or message me on Facebook if you are interested. Otherwise, just enjoy the video and photos!

Sincere regards,
/Mark

Mark Templeton
https://www.facebook.com/mark.templeton.397

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-28_11-14-51.png
    upload_2017-5-28_11-14-51.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
  • upload_2017-5-28_11-16-42.png
    upload_2017-5-28_11-16-42.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
Around 2003, I had an accidental opportunity to meet the original Tesla team that was architecting, packaging and testing the power systems that led to the launch of the Roadster. Luckily, I was also fortunate enough to order an early car. Imagine how thrilled (and shocked) I was when I was told my car would be "Founder's 0016" - the sixteenth Roadster to be built.

View attachment 228738

View attachment 228739

View attachment 228734

I took delivery on August 1, 2008. Zak Edson (now a senior exec at Lucid Motors) did my "training" and my wife and I drove to dinner. We made this video that day:

Tesla marketing asked if they could use it for PR and customer engagements. Of course! Sharing your joy is a fundamental principle in my life.

Since then, I've been blessed to receive Model S Founder's 020 and Model X Founder's 003. Clearly, I love Tesla cars, and the statements they make about innovation, fun and the future.

I am now ready to find a new home for my Roadster. View attachment 228733

The car is Black on Black with tan seat inserts. It's had some updates along the way and a wonderfully perfect vehicle. It has been garaged consistently and has about 15,500 miles on it. The charging unit is specific to the Roadster, and will be included with the car.

View attachment 228736

I do not have a price in mind and will consider reasonable offers. Leave a message here or message me on Facebook if you are interested. Otherwise, just enjoy the video and photos!

Sincere regards,
/Mark

Mark Templeton
https://www.facebook.com/mark.templeton.397

Beautiful car Mark. Hope that the new owner would take care of it as you have.

I think he means the charging port on Roadster is different from Model S and X.

I wonder if cars owned by Mark Templeton will command a premium like other cars owned by celebrities.

That's exactly what I meant. I wanted to make sure non-Roadster owners know the charging unit is different from S & X. You're kind, but I seriously doubt there's any premium in my cars other than I love them and care for them. ;o) Still, that's a very nice thing to say!

One of the cool new things I'm doing is Vintage Electric Bikes. Check out our website - vintageelecutricbikes.com - we are building high performance, top quality and beautifully styled eBikes! They are a blast to drive - just like a Tesla!!

Cheers,
Mark

That's exactly what I meant. I wanted to make sure non-Roadster owners know the charging unit is different from S & X. You're kind, but I seriously doubt there's any premium in my cars other than I love them and care for them. ;o) Still, that's a very nice thing to say!

One of the cool new things I'm doing is Vintage Electric Bikes. Check out our website - vintageelecutricbikes.com - we are building high performance, top quality and beautifully styled eBikes! They are a blast to drive - just like a Tesla!!

Cheers,
Mark

Mark,

I'm a fellow Roadster owner fixing your link:

Vintage Electric Bikes | Electric Bike | E Bike

I took a look. WOW! Those bikes look fantastic!

Good luck with your Roadster sale! I contemplate selling my Roadster from time to time for something more practical, but I worry I'll regret it dearly.

Hi, there! The fun thing on the video is my wife's voice toward the end! I laugh out loud every time I watch it. Hope you enjoyed it, too.

Cheers,
Mark
LOL!! Seriously I had wanted to ask if you actually cut the tape at that spot because there was more to hear.......that you didn't want to be heard. So, since you brought it up, what really happened after the last "Mark geezus"? :D

Cheers,
Mark

Corrected link and related story on Electrek ... Vintage Electric Bikes | Electric Bike | E Bike

Interview: California-based Vintage Electric Bikes marries simple bikes with vintage charm

outlaw-111.jpg

Vintage Electric currently has four bike models, including the Outlaw:

-The Tracker (“Which is the bike that started it all”). It has a 35-mile range, can hit 36 MPH in race mood and boasts a two-hour recharge time. It features, according to the company, “all WWI-era motordome racer lines topped with a Brooks leather saddle, but it’s boosted by a thoroughly modern electric motor.”

-The Scrambler (“Kind of our dream bike here at the shop, our gravel road version”). It likewise can go 35 miles in street mode, with a two-hour recharge time.

-The Cruz is the company’s “laid-back, California cruise bike,” with a design that harkens back to the American Art Deco movement and boasts the same 35 Mile Range, 36 MPH in race mode and two-hour recharge time.

cruz-fiesta-panning.jpg

“Ninety-five percent of our customers are people who haven’t ridden their bike for a while,” Davidge said. “They stumble across our website and see our bikes and it’s like – this is not necessarily my bicycle replacement, it’s like – hey, I don’t have to drive my car everywhere. I can actually use this thing. And that’s the most exciting thing for us.”

Mark,

I'm a fellow Roadster owner fixing your link:

Vintage Electric Bikes | Electric Bike | E Bike

I took a look. WOW! Those bikes look fantastic!

Good luck with your Roadster sale! I contemplate selling my Roadster from time to time for something more practical, but I worry I'll regret it dearly.

The bikes are fabulous! They're kinda like the Roadster - until you ride one, it's hard to appreciate the experience! Many thanks for fixing the link! Very best, Mark