Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory carbon spoiler discoloring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 April build. Barely 1 year old. The rear CF spoiler is showing discoloration/delamination already.

This is quite disappointing for a $600 factory oem spoiler.

Attachments

• IMG_8319.jpeg
    IMG_8319.jpeg
    432.7 KB · Views: 21
2023 April build. Barely 1 year old. The rear CF spoiler is showing discoloration/delamination already.

This is quite disappointing for a $600 factory oem spoiler.
It's indeed disappointing to encounter discoloration and delamination issues, especially considering it's a factory OEM part. While such occurrences can happen due to various factors like exposure to environmental conditions or manufacturing defects, it's crucial to address them promptly to maintain the aesthetics and integrity of your vehicle.

In such cases, I would recommend reaching out to Tesla's customer support or visiting a Tesla service center to report the issue and explore potential solutions. They may offer options for repair, replacement, or compensation, depending on the warranty coverage and the nature of the problem.

Additionally, if you're considering alternatives or upgrades for your spoiler, you may want to explore aftermarket options like the Tesery carbon fiber spoiler.It's worth researching and considering, especially if you're looking for a high-quality replacement that offers durability and aesthetic appeal. Tesery's Performance Spoiler is similar to the OEM style and is priced at just $269.

Ultimately, it's essential to address any concerns promptly and seek appropriate solutions to ensure your satisfaction and maintain the value of your vehicle. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to ask.

• Disagree
Reactions: ngng
Same happened to mine & my car is a 2022. Totally peeling apart. Clear coat is flaking off in large chunks. although still under warranty, I’m probably just going to buy a third party spoiler and have a trusted detail facility handle it. I have full body ppf on my car (didn’t buy it from Tesla, not an option then) so they would decline since car surface is not stock anymore.

Mine is showing the same type of wear at 2.5 years and I'm out of warranty already. It doesn't bother me yet but we'll see what it looks like in a year then decide if I want to swap it out. If I do, it might not be an OEM spoiler and I'm certainly not going to have Tesla install it. I had one replaced due to slight separation at the edge a couple of weeks after delivery, and was about to get another replacement one due to the same issue about a month in before I got rear ended. The body shop that worked on my car transplanted the spoiler to the new lift gate and it has stayed on very well for 2.5 years, so it seems that my local SC is just not good at attaching these things.