Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Continental tires for driving in snow?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an MYLR with these tires. Last night was my first snow experience in northern Connecticut. These tires are not the best in snow. The car is easily out of control. I could only drive 15mph in 5 inches of snow and still felt like I was on ice skates. Will purchase snow tires this week.
I drove in that same snow & rain wintry mix last night with the Pirelli Scottozero 3 tires sold as part of the official winter tire set, had no issues and highly recommend the tires.

• Helpful
Reactions: jcanoe
I have an MYLR with these tires. Last night was my first snow experience in northern Connecticut. These tires are not the best in snow. The car is easily out of control. I could only drive 15mph in 5 inches of snow and still felt like I was on ice skates. Will purchase snow tires this week.

I have the same tires on MYLR and it does drive with a "twitchy" feel, like it's going to fishtail every time the accelerator is pressed. But enabling "off-road assist" made a big difference and it drives more stable and balanced.

These tires aren’t designed for driving in 5 inches of snow. They should be good to go on plowed streets/highways.