Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Tour: need help with public transportation!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have biz trip to San Francisco early next year and would like to plan a Fremont factory tour as well. I need help with public transportation to get to the site (on this trip, I'm staying in downtown and rather not have a rent-a-car). Based on a little research, looks like I can catch Bart from Powell st to Fremont Bart station. What is the best way to get from Fremont station to the factory? The Bart site recommends bus line 215 plus 7 minutes walk would get me to the factory.

Could someone who has done this before or is familiar with the area shed some light? If not the bus, I assume I should be able to use Uber or a cab from Fremont Bart station. Is this a reasonable assumption? Any trouble for getting back? Any other option?

I see some references to Warm Springs Extension, but also saw some warnings that the opening probably will be delayed! Thoughts?

Thanks...

Yes, uber or lyft from the Fremont BART station, or South Fremont / Warm Springs if it's open by then. Walking wouldn't be pleasant and might even be dangerous. The factory is close to a freeway and the street design isn't friendly to pedestrians.

The tour starts and ends in a showroom, so you can wait there for a ride back to the BART station.

i drew this out in another thread, see below for your walking path. it's still about a mile walk from warm springs because there are railroad tracks between the station and factory and there's no pedestrian bridge yet (but planned). walking on grimmer will allow you go under the tracks. there's also construction along grimmer too, lots of development around the area

also, the new station is called warm springs/south fremont. the existing fremont station only gets to downtown fremont and is 5 miles north of the factory.

warm springs.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Tam and croman