Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Failed solar/powerwall inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Required in many counties. It has the locations of all the switches, PWs, etc.

What did you think of the font they used on the placard? Very unusual, but I guess that is the point.

BTW, your inspection sounds like mine. Did they make you sign something that said you had smoke and CO detectors in the house?

I have the placard as well with the location of panels, disconnects and powerwalls. I did also sign a document that said I had smoke and CO detectors in every room of the house.

I'm just at the start of the process, but my plan for solar roof + 2 powerwalls has all of the equipment outside except I'm considering relocating all the branch circuits to a new panel on the inside of the wall so the main breaker of that panel would not be accessible from outside. Is a manual disconnect switch required on the line going from the Gateway to that inside panel? My home is in Sunnyvale, Santa Clara County.

Our existing solar PV system includes a big manual disconnect switch, but that is between the grid and the inverter. Does the contactor in the gateway suffice for that disconnect?

I'm just at the start of the process, but my plan for solar roof + 2 powerwalls has all of the equipment outside except I'm considering relocating all the branch circuits to a new panel on the inside of the wall so the main breaker of that panel would not be accessible from outside. Is a manual disconnect switch required on the line going from the Gateway to that inside panel? My home is in Sunnyvale, Santa Clara County.

Our existing solar PV system includes a big manual disconnect switch, but that is between the grid and the inverter. Does the contactor in the gateway suffice for that disconnect?

Here is a link to the Santa Clara County Solar PV inspection checklist.

Checklist_PV.pdf (sccgov.org)

check out section 8 and 10.