Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faith in Tesla restored.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of months prior to the end of my 4 year warranty I tried to get my 2015 Model S fixed. This was before the RHD Model 3 reached our shores (but some personnel may have been away in the US getting training on them, don't know). I wanted my dog mode display to read correctly (it was displaying 2 degrees C (4 degrees F) high. I made an appointment via the app (new at the time) but that was overridden and the wording made it look like I cancelled it (I did not). That function was more important to me than it probably was to most owners (with the cabin HVAC system set to 25C the screen that members of the public would see in dog mode showed 27C, a temperature that might cause well intentioned members of the public to break a window or summon the police (to break a window)). The HVAC setting had and still did agree exactly with the true cabin temperature.
Anyway although I could get nothing from service at the time, the problem (which was 100% reproducible) has now gone.
It looks like some good soul had been playing with my cars electronics remotely (the driver's binnacle now displayed the analogue clock that had not been selected to be there before and the navigation display showed old journeys which were easy to dismiss although others would return which were also easily dismissed each time I'd start the car.
So thank you Tesla for fixing my dog mode display, it took you more than 3 months but I'm a patient guy so I have no problem with that, I'm just really happy you fixed it. I don't know if this is a result of a known fault that was fixed by the last software update or if in fact my car was a one off fix.
Faith in Tesla now restored.

A couple of months prior to the end of my 4 year warranty I tried to get my 2015 Model S fixed. This was before the RHD Model 3 reached our shores (but some personnel may have been away in the US getting training on them, don't know). I wanted my dog mode display to read correctly (it was displaying 2 degrees C (4 degrees F) high. I made an appointment via the app (new at the time) but that was overridden and the wording made it look like I cancelled it (I did not). That function was more important to me than it probably was to most owners (with the cabin HVAC system set to 25C the screen that members of the public would see in dog mode showed 27C, a temperature that might cause well intentioned members of the public to break a window or summon the police (to break a window)). The HVAC setting had and still did agree exactly with the true cabin temperature.
Anyway although I could get nothing from service at the time, the problem (which was 100% reproducible) has now gone.
It looks like some good soul had been playing with my cars electronics remotely (the driver's binnacle now displayed the analogue clock that had not been selected to be there before and the navigation display showed old journeys which were easy to dismiss although others would return which were also easily dismissed each time I'd start the car.
So thank you Tesla for fixing my dog mode display, it took you more than 3 months but I'm a patient guy so I have no problem with that, I'm just really happy you fixed it. I don't know if this is a result of a known fault that was fixed by the last software update or if in fact my car was a one off fix.
Faith in Tesla now restored.

Dog (mode) works in mysterious ways!

I'm very sad again. I had a few glitches, like the inability to adjust the charge level so I did the both steering wheel thumb-wheel depress display reboot. That worked fine but the original fault has returned i.e. the large display of temperature on the 17" screen is showing 2C high (4F high) in dog mode. The HVAC is perfect as it has always been, it is just the large display the public sees that is wrong.