Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon doors won’t fully open at new house

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s how I remember it too. I did the override and still did not get the message always open this location.

Since that feature is geo-fenced, (just like the auto-raise suspension at this location) your Model X needs a fresh GPS lock on latitude and longitude data.

So go for a quick drive around a block or two, then park you Model X in your garage, and THEN override the obstacle detection sensors using the FWD physical button on the b-pillar or the button on the MCU screen. You should now see the option to "Fully Open At This Location" prompt.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Since that feature is geo-fenced, (just like the auto-raise suspension at this location) your Model X needs a fresh GPS lock on latitude and longitude data.

So go for a quick drive around a block or two, then park you Model X in your garage, and THEN override the obstacle detection sensors using the FWD physical button on the b-pillar or the button on the MCU screen. You should now see the option to "Fully Open At This Location" prompt.
Thanks I’ll give it a try

Are the FWDs supposed to fully extend as well when you select the fully open at this location option? I've been trying to get the doors to fully open in my garage and even though they open up a bit more, they still don't fully extend the "wings"
Well there is sensors in them so if there is something near (part of garage door or door opening hardware, etc) then they could be stopped because of them. You can always override by manually holding the button.

Section: Opening and Closing Falcon Wing Doors URL link (scroll down just a little):

4w7ThC5.jpg

Reactions: jazzyjake