Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Heavy - 7&8 Reuse - Elon's Roadster Demo - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it just clocked 10 million miles!

upload_2018-2-12_19-26-48.png

• Funny
Reactions: Pollux and croman
Rough approximation, assuming current Roadster velocity is constant — 1 Roadster-year is roughly 625 million miles, 1 billion kilometers (a terameter?), or one-ten-thousandth of a light-year.

How about 53 light-minutes? o_O
I suspect the question is what is the orbital period of the roadster. According to wikipedia, it's 1.53 Earth years.

I suspect the question is what is the orbital period of the roadster. According to wikipedia, it's 1.53 Earth years.
My next question is how long is a roadster-day. Luckily Wikipedia already has our back on that, too:

By measuring changes in brightness of the tumbling car, astronomers have determined that the Roadster is rotating with a period of 4.7589 +/- 0.0060 minutes.

As posted by Chris B from NSF: Chris B - NSF on Twitter

A one shot video from takeoff (I still get head to toe hairs standing on end when FH gets off the ground) to double booster landing. Finally hearing those four (4) sonic booms was extremely satisfying and had me yelling like a tool in this hotel room:
That was one of the few videos where the commentary actually adds positively to the event.

As posted by Chris B from NSF: Chris B - NSF on Twitter

A one shot video from takeoff (I still get head to toe hairs standing on end when FH gets off the ground) to double booster landing. Finally hearing those four (4) sonic booms was extremely satisfying and had me yelling like a tool in this hotel room:

You've got to be kidding me! Y'all !

Let me correct myself: 10 sonic booms (with echo) are better than 4. Four? Yeah, that used to be cool.

meh, I watched multiple recordings from varying distances. I heard 6 booms clearly on most and a slight stutter on the one that was closest but I'd have casually counted it as 6 as well. I don't think if you blind tested a group without telling them how many booms to expect you'd get many people to say anything other than 6.

Here is the best video of the launch. I would even say it was better than the broadcast. Very cool.

Ok, this is as close as you can get to the NASA tracking cameras I've seen on this thread so far. Pretty awesome, and a great zoomed view of an incoming booster.
I thinking these are the three videos I could watch in a loop if I ever get banished to a desert island with only 3 videos.