Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Heavy - 7&8 Reuse - Elon's Roadster Demo - LC-39A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting to learn they are building a third drone ship to be able to fly FH in an expendable center core and drone ship landing of boosters configuration. Makes sense, as it maximizes the market for FH, while keeping re-usability.
It may also be so they can support higher flight rate ASDS recoveries without having to wait to come back to port off load and go back out. FH or F9 off of LC-39A and another F9 off of SLC-40 just days apart.

Reactions: Grendal and bxr140
Yes, because they are developing recovery. I don't know why. It is very large. It must be very light and rather strong. Perhaps it is hand made piece of carbon fiber. I imagine automating fairing production could be alternative for recovery and reuse.

This is about money:)

Yes, because they are developing recovery. I don't know why. It is very large. It must be very light and rather strong. Perhaps it is hand made piece of carbon fiber. I imagine automating fairing production could be alternative for recovery and reuse.

This is about money:)

I believe it's expensive because It's large and it's at the front of the rocket so it has to be _really_ good.