Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Heavy to Launch Next Month, Musk Says He's Sending His Roadster to Mars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Tesla should add an original Roadster ordering page where they have the engine and maneuvering thruster options priced. It should also have shipping fees for Mars.
that produced a genuine LOL from me. :p

But attaching a working engine and thrusters “to the car”? That doesn’t seem possible.

I think the Roadster’s battery, PEM, any loose bits, and wheels will be removed and maybe even seats. It will be stripped. Can’t have anything shaken loose during liftoff and ascent.

Reactions: Grendal
I would like to see them launch a Model 3 into orbit. Think of the advertising potential.

ggr was also early with a prediction of a Tesla payload back in April of this year. Now if only Elon were to admit that the FH car launch idea didn't originate with him, perhaps you guys could parlay it into something cool. Heck, maybe suggest an invite to the next reveal, but be willing to settle for a Radio Flyer. ;)

So TEG, which VIN do you think Elon is referring to?

Elon has (had) at least two Roadsters... 2008 Founders' 1 (black) and 2010 Roadster Sport #686 which was repainted a few times until it ended up that custom red.
I called it "Candy Apple Red"... First time I heard the term "Midnight Cherry", but it fits.

Should we start playing taps for it?

MidCherry.png

Secretly I was hoping he would give it to me someday, so I am sad to see it shot into space...

I guess from his perspective that is obsolete technology what with the new / improved Roadster coming.

Elon has (had) at least two Roadsters... 2008 Founders' 1 (black) and 2010 Roadster Sport #686 which was repainted a few times until it ended up that custom red.
I called it "Candy Apple Red"... First time I heard the term "Midnight Cherry", but it fits.

Should we start playing taps for it?

View attachment 264068

Secretly I was hoping he would give it to me someday, so I am sad to see it shot into space...

I guess from his perspective that is obsolete technology what with the new / improved Roadster coming.
Red car. Red planet.

I love that paint job, too. It's amazing. Several layers of depth to it. I always thought it was the inspiration for Sig Red. I first saw it in LA and then again in Fremont. What a beautiful car. And I'm looking forward to looking up in the sky and knowing that Roadster is up there. :)

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 10.22.11 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: abasile and Tex EV
Seeing a Roadster in a low orbit around Mars would be worth both the one-way flight and living in a cave on the hairy edge of existence for the remainder of my days.

Now if Elon would only do something for the Good of Humanity and thwart fscking B*dweis*r from brewing extraterrestrial beer. Clearly, if any breweries should brew beer on, say, Mars, a collaboration between the Magic Hat (Vermont) and Stone (California) would be in order. Although Pliny the Martian does hold a certain appeal as well.

Love it! There is always an underlying logic for Elon’s decision.
Red car. Red planet.

I love that paint job, too. It's amazing. Several layers of depth to it. I always thought it was the inspiration for Sig Red. I first saw it in LA and then again in Fremont. What a beautiful car. And I'm looking forward to looking up in the sky and knowing that Roadster is up there. :)

View attachment 264069