Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing and Rear Hatch sunshades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't really seem necessary, tinting in both areas is more than adequate..... limo tinting is included. The only glass on the MX that seems to let in a lot of heat is the driver and passenger windows, but that seems like a fair trade for visibility.

Why would they need to sell them if they are supposed to be giving them free to owners?

I believe that they've only gave out the windshield shade to more recent deliveries. It's uncertain if Tesla would make these free for folks that got their Model X earlier this year before these shades were available. It's also uncertain if new deliveries would include these or we just have to pony up the cash and buy them if you didn't get them for free.

I believe that they've only gave out the windshield shade to more recent deliveries. It's uncertain if Tesla would make these free for folks that got their Model X earlier this year before these shades were available. It's also uncertain if new deliveries would include these or we just have to pony up the cash and buy them if you didn't get them for free.
It would be nice if they gave the people that placed their orders for the X prior to them appearing in the store....free sunshades. If they want them...

I think they are overprice for what they are, even though I still ordered them.

$100 for something that probably cost $10 to make

After I see what my MX comes with when I take delivery next month :(, I'll eagerly await your reviews @K-MTG , of these sunshades. if you give the double thumbs up, maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon too.

Keep us all informed! I know you will! :D:p:)

Reactions: K-MTG