Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing Door Hit Garage on new Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’ve had our Tesla model X for over 18 months and have never had this happen. However, we got the new software update two days ago, and since, our falcon wing doors and trunk have hit the roof of our garage. Something seems wrong with the sensors. I’m going to make an appointment with the Tesla service center, but I want to people to know. Be careful.

Just to be clear there is only one sensor on the top of the roof that detects the overhead obstructions.

Try this experiment:

Get a broom and take your car outside where the doors/trunk work freely and open all of the way.

Now take the broom and hold it about a foot over the roof sensor (the little ring in the center between the FWDs) and open a door or trunk. See if they behave differently. If they don't partially open then yes, you either have an issue with the sensor or SW.

Note: I cannot remember if you get an overhead warning ghost on the display when the top sensor detects an issue so if you have another person who can look when you move the broom over the sensor that can help too.

• Informative
Reactions: BulldogsRus
We’ve had our Tesla model X for over 18 months and have never had this happen. However, we got the new software update two days ago, and since, our falcon wing doors and trunk have hit the roof of our garage. Something seems wrong with the sensors. I’m going to make an appointment with the Tesla service center, but I want to people to know. Be careful.
rmm_San_Diego,

After sheltering in place for 3 plus months and barely using my Model X, I just found out that I have the same problem. My falcon wing doors along with driver/passenger doors open FULLY. Earlier today, when I opened my FWD, it his an object in my garage.

I scheduled an appointment but it's not until July 9th (over 10 days).

rmm_San_Diego, did your issue get resolved?