Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing Doors Opening By Themselves

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have one Falcon wing door that won't open, and last weekend the other one opened by itself in my garage - two times in 30 mins. It opened as far as the sensor will allow in the garage. The FOB was in the house on my desk. It was 74 degrees so cold weather isn't a factor. At the same time, I'm having problems with the windows that won't close all the way. They go halfway up and then back down. A few months ago, I was shopping and came out to find my driver's door was standing wide open in a busy parking lot.
Welcome to the forum, and kudos for searching before posting. Your issue does not sound likely to be related to this thread, though, so starting a new one may work better for you. That having been said, the windows not closing is likely a regulator issue. The door issues, OTOH, leave room for much discussion, some of which you may be able to pre-empt with some additional searching. If you do start a new thread, be sure to provide more information about your X, too.

Welcome to the forum, and kudos for searching before posting. Your issue does not sound likely to be related to this thread, though, so starting a new one may work better for you. That having been said, the windows not closing is likely a regulator issue. The door issues, OTOH, leave room for much discussion, some of which you may be able to pre-empt with some additional searching. If you do start a new thread, be sure to provide more information about your X, too.
Thanks for the advice. I am new at this and it's frustrating to spend $86K on a car and be unable to get answers about serious issues that any other dealer would answer immediately! Instead, I get an appointment for two weeks and 40 miles away with a few texts that don't tell me anything. Meanwhile, I'm spending hours of research on it! I love my Model X but I'm discouraged and disappointed with Tesla Service.

Thanks for the advice. I am new at this and it's frustrating to spend $86K on a car and be unable to get answers about serious issues that any other dealer would answer immediately! Instead, I get an appointment for two weeks and 40 miles away with a few texts that don't tell me anything. Meanwhile, I'm spending hours of research on it! I love my Model X but I'm discouraged and disappointed with Tesla Service.
Do they offer at home ranger service in your region? I'm sure they could look at the windows, although they might decide you need to come in instead...

Not sure that is an option here in the Berkshires. Albany is the nearest service center. They've been in diagnosis for the last two days about this.
You complained about your appointment being 40 miles away. The closest service center to me is 58 miles away, and I get mobile service. You should be given that option in the app if it is available (assuming you haven't chosen a service item that isn't mobile eligible), but you can also ask about it via a message and/or at your next appointment if not being given the option by the app. FWIW, I've had my driver window regulator replaced by mobile service. To jump back to your previous comment about service being frustrating, yes, it is, but I have a difficult time envisioning a switch back to an ICE vehicle in spite of that, you might find yourself in the same boat if you hold onto that X too long.

You complained about your appointment being 40 miles away. The closest service center to me is 58 miles away, and I get mobile service. You should be given that option in the app if it is available (assuming you haven't chosen a service item that isn't mobile eligible), but you can also ask about it via a message and/or at your next appointment if not being given the option by the app. FWIW, I've had my driver window regulator replaced by mobile service. To jump back to your previous comment about service being frustrating, yes, it is, but I have a difficult time envisioning a switch back to an ICE vehicle in spite of that, you might find yourself in the same boat if you hold onto that X too long.
40 miles, HA. Over 3 hours to my closest Service Center. Tesla better be reliable, or wife will get lots of shopping trips in Minneapolis :)

Reactions: cobra