Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Future

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Faraday Future - Tesla Competitive Thoughts?

Very slick presentation with lighting and graphics but not much more. Will see what they deliver. Disappointed they didn't talk more about what they actually planned to produce. Not show a slick concept car. That's very much what traditional car companies do. And how quick and fast is the concept? And the range? And the charging network?

Tesla had the advantage of relatively scarce resources (for automotive) so they need to focus on the important stuff and strategy to grow step wise.

This company has too much $$ and will blow it all very quickly.

Would you rather invest in the rich kid that was given everything or someone that learned step by step how to be successful.

Faraday's Car

Hope my picture works... Anyway, I know they want the model 3 to be aerodynamic, but if it looks anything like this, I am out.

- - - Updated - - -

FF.png

Sadness all around in this household - and I'm sorry to bring this thread up and see that almost every single one of you feel the same way. I liked....something...of their battery strings - unfortunately, you can't throw onto the road the dead weight of the unneeded ones. The through-vehicle airflow? Perhaps some good material to work with there - certainly computer tech nowadays can show that working well. But none of that translates into a car that can make it past concept stage.
Audience, too, seemed really, really lackluster in their enthusiasm.

That was horrible. Why show a concept when you have the world's attention and can show a real product to get people excited? Talk about a disappointing coming out party. For all the Apple talk they sure don't have a clue how to do presentations.
Guess what, now we get to see a crappy GM presentation for the Bolt. Man, I can't wait until March so see Elon again and see what they're going to drop onto this planet for Model 3 ;)