Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faulty Tyre Inflator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I purchased a Tesla tyre inflator about 18 months ago and unpacked it and put it the boot and forgot about it.
Today I had to pump up someone else’s tyres and so I plugged it in but it would not start.
I tried the socket in another two cars but it still didn’t work so I’m pretty sure it’s faulty.

Question is how can I contact Tesla to discus a replacement as it seems to have been faulty when purchased.
I have tried all the contact methods but you just go around in circles. Getting answers for questions you haven’t asked.

Or does it sound I’m doing something wrong.

Any advise gratefully received

Thanks

Hi,

I purchased a Tesla tyre inflator about 18 months ago and unpacked it and put it the boot and forgot about it.
Today I had to pump up someone else’s tyres and so I plugged it in but it would not start.
I tried the socket in another two cars but it still didn’t work so I’m pretty sure it’s faulty.

Question is how can I contact Tesla to discus a replacement as it seems to have been faulty when purchased.
I have tried all the contact methods but you just go around in circles. Getting answers for questions you haven’t asked.

Or does it sound I’m doing something wrong.

Any advise gratefully received

Thanks
Some cars must be on for the power ports to work, oh heck, it’s a cigarette lighter. Could that be the issue?

Reactions: AndyEVTM3
Upvote 0
You can raise a service request in the app for accessories, there is a category called upgrades and accessories. Explain the situation in the notes. At least someone will read it and comment on what to do next. Assuming it's faulty they should be able to swap it at the nearest service centre.

I've known people use this with success for a faulty slow charger.

I would double check the 12v "cigarette lighter" plug is fitting fully down into the socket, they can be a tight fit sometimes. But otherwise, it's quite a basic inflator with just an.on/off.

Upvote 0
I just had the same, mine was within 12 months so I’m sending it back and getting a replacement.

I started raising a ticket in the App and they didn’t know what to do with it. In the end told me to go to a SC or call Customer service. I did the latter as the reason I needed the pump when I did was a puncture and a flat!

Customer service were good, raised a request with the commercial team and I got an email saying new one on the way followed by a request to return the old one (postage paid).

Upvote 0
Warranty doesn’t matter, it just makes things easy as it doesn’t involve your consumer rights.

You have 6 years to argue that a device expected to last a reasonable amount of time should have lasted so should be repaired or replaced depending on time frame. In your case, something never used will have a longer timeframe covered by replacement.

tl;dr if they argue it’s out of warranty just quote your consumer rights (which you may need to look up)

Upvote 0
I have had this with my first puncture. I was 300 miles from home and it was lashing down with rain so I did not fancy waiting for the breakdown service to shuttle me home. I took the canister out and cleaned the two contacts that let the pump know there is a canister installed. It came to life immediately, I pumped up the tire and drove home. Tyre was still fully inflated three days later when my tyre repairer came out. You can test if this is your problem by seeing if it will work in purely pump mode but not fluid injection mode.

Upvote 0