Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favourite Model Y drive so far…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having owned the Model Y for almost a month now I continue to be astounded by how flexible electricity is as a fuel source vs fossil fuels…

Todays mind blowing trip was a 7 mile drive into Sheffield from the peaks, 5 people and 1 dog in the car. SoC on departure 80%, SoC on arrival 80%… energy usage -6 Wh/mile.

🤯 🤯

Attachments

• 601B79BB-E37D-4FE1-A131-56FF9540E573.jpeg
    601B79BB-E37D-4FE1-A131-56FF9540E573.jpeg
    524.9 KB · Views: 80
Having owned the Model Y for almost a month now I continue to be astounded by how flexible electricity is as a fuel source vs fossil fuels…

Todays mind blowing trip was a 7 mile drive into Sheffield from the peaks, 5 people and 1 dog in the car. SoC on departure 80%, SoC on arrival 80%… energy usage -6 Wh/mile.

🤯 🤯
Northern Italy, high up going south and lower.

Half a tank of chemical/electrical energy and about 2 tanks of potential energy. For people in hilly areas, so much safer and cheaper running costs with little use of brakes. Even more extreme with HGVs. Escape lanes needed for diesels with failed brakes - worldwide.

Reactions: p3k4y
Can only narrow mine down to a top 3:

1. Chelmsford test drive. Having never driven a Tesla, an EV, one pedal, a performance car or an SUV, the sheer fear, acceleration and excitement shock was memorable. Spent the next month pre-delivery desperate for another go.

Have been doing a lot of 4hr round trips on the M25/M3 since and these two have been memorable routes.

2. First trip on this route I used EAP. Having never had a car historically with anything other than bog standard cruise control this was a game changer. Drove 90% of the journey simply flicking the indicator when needed. Couple of red warning beeps but no phantom breaking or issues. Arrived at my destination physically and mentally relaxed feeling like I could have driven another 2hrs without a break. A game changer and how could I ever go back? Dreading 2hr drives on the motorway now became something to look forward too. Places such as Cornwall that always seemed too far suddenly became a short break option.

3. Same route but I decided to drive the entire time. Wow this was fun, I could take over anything with the instant acceleration. The driving position and handling made the car a pleasure still. This was even more fun that the EAP. Short queue stopping and starting on the M25 by Heathrow? No problem, throw on EAP and have a rest. Clear? again let’s go. This car has everything.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Can only narrow mine down to a top 3:

1. Chelmsford test drive. Having never driven a Tesla, an EV, one pedal, a performance car or an SUV, the sheer fear, acceleration and excitement shock was memorable. Spent the next month pre-delivery desperate for another go.

Have been doing a lot of 4hr round trips on the M25/M3 since and these two have been memorable routes.

2. First trip on this route I used EAP. Having never had a car historically with anything other than bog standard cruise control this was a game changer. Drove 90% of the journey simply flicking the indicator when needed. Couple of red warning beeps but no phantom breaking or issues. Arrived at my destination physically and mentally relaxed feeling like I could have driven another 2hrs without a break. A game changer and how could I ever go back? Dreading 2hr drives on the motorway now became something to look forward too. Places such as Cornwall that always seemed too far suddenly became a short break option.

3. Same route but I decided to drive the entire time. Wow this was fun, I could take over anything with the instant acceleration. The driving position and handling made the car a pleasure still. This was even more fun that the EAP. Short queue stopping and starting on the M25 by Heathrow? No problem, throw on EAP and have a rest. Clear? again let’s go. This car has everything.

Did my test drive at Chelmsford too. Turned up simply expecting to tick the Y off the list as too big and too much expense, but came away from the test drive 'needing' the car :). Overall test drive experience helped too. We didn't need to book, they just let us have a go on our own the day we turned up at the Tesla center. Week before we test drove the MG ZS and the dealership made sure someone sat in with us and told me where to drive. He knew nothing about the car.

Blue with 19inch wheels, apparently due May 28 - June 25!!!!

Reactions: UkNorthampton